Thursday, September 10, 2026

Broncos-Chiefs and Week 1 Picks

The Broncos open up the 2026 season on the road in Arrowhead Stadium against the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday Night Football. This is a tough opener in my opinion. Patrick Mahomes, who tore his ACL on December 14th in a game against the Chargers, is going to start this game after recovering from knee surgery this offseason. It is pretty remarkable that Mahomes is ready to go for the opener. For reference, Micah Parsons tore his ACL on the same day and he is out the first four games of this season at least. If you are Denver, you have to expect the full level of Mahomes. If he wasn't there, then I can't see how KC would put him out there. In any case, I think Mahomes will play well and it will probably inspire his team. The crowd will be fired up and that will pose a problem for Denver. I haven't like this matchup since the day the schedule came out, and nothing has changed my opinion. I think Denver has the better overall team, but I have a feeling this night will belong to Mahomes

Prediction: KANSAS CITY (-2.5) over Denver

Final Score: Chiefs-27 Broncos-20


Now, onto the picks for Week 1.....

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

CINCINNATI (-3) over Tampa Bay

HOUSTON (+1.5) over Buffalo

Baltimore (-3) over INDIANAPOLIS

Chicago (-2) over CAROLINA

New Orleans (+7) over DETROIT

Cleveland (+7.5) over JACKSONVILLE

PITTSBURGH (-3) over Atlanta

Jets (+3) over TENNESSEE 

Green Bay (+1.5) over MINNESOTA

Washington (+5) over PHILADELPHIA

LAS VEGAS (-3) over Miami

CHARGERS (-9) over Arizona

GIANTS (+3) over Dallas 



No comments: