Saturday, February 21, 2009

2008 NFC Recap

Yesterday, I posted a look back at my 2008 AFC Predictions. I had some good picks (Cleveland falling off the map) and some bad picks (Cincy winning the AFC North). Let's take a look at my NFC predictions....

NFC EAST
1- Philadelphia (11-5)-This one looked shaky when Philly was 5-5-1, but it worked out in the end as Philly made the playoffs as a Wild Card (Finished 9-6-1).
2- Dallas (10-6) I figured the Cowboys would take a step back from 13-3, but they blew the last two games and didn't make the wild card like I predicted (Finished 9-7).
3-New York Giants (10-6) I thought the Giants would get in as a wild card, but I didn't think they would be so dominant as they were when they started 11-1.
4- Washington (7-9) I nailed this predicition. Washington started 6-2, then they faded (Finished 8-8).

NFC NORTH
1-Chicago (10-6) The Bears were there all season, but they couldn't get any help and lost their last game of the season to miss the playoffs (Finished 9-7).
2-Green Bay (8-8) I predicted this one to happen. The Packers lost close games all year long (Finished 6-10).
3-Minnesota (6-10) I got this one wrong. I thought they would struggle, but they took advantage of weak division to win it (Finished 10-6).
4- Detroit (6-10) I knew they would be bad and Rod Marinelli would be gone after the season, but nobody thought they wouldn't win a game.

NFC SOUTH
1-New Orleans (11-5) I was very high on the Saints, and they disappointed all season long and missed the playoffs for second year in a row (Finished 8-8).
2-Carolina (9-7) The Panthers did bounce back and won the division (Finished 12-4).
3-Tampa Bay (7-9) I was correct that the Bucs wouldn't make the playoffs, but they were 9-4 and collapsed at the end (Finished 9-7).
4- Atlanta (3-13) Nobody saw the Falcons coming. Another big surprise in 2008 (Finished 11-5).

NFC West
1-Seattle (11-5) I didn't foresee the injury problems that Seattle had when I made this pick (Finished 4-12).
2-St. Louis (8-8) I thought the Rams would be better, but they were awful all year long (Finished 2-14).
3-Arizona (6-10) I thought Arizona was going to be a disappointing team. I was way off on this one, as they won the division (Finished 9-7).
4- San Francisio (4-12) I correctly predicted the firing of Mike Nolan, but this team played well as the year ended (Finished 7-9).

Here are my 2008 NFC Playoff Predictions:
1-Philly
2-New Orleans
3-Seattle
4-Chicago
5-Dallas
6-New York Giants

NFC Title Game: New Orleans over Philly

Here are teh actual 2008 Playoff Teams:
1-New York Giants
2-Carolina
3-Minnesota
4-Arizona
5-Atlanta
6-Philadelphia

NFC Title Game: Arizona over Philly

*I correctly predicted 2 out of the 6 playoff teams (Giants and Philly).
*I picked Philly to make the NFC Championship game

No comments: