Thursday, September 3, 2009

NFL Week 1 Picks!!!

It's here! The 2009 NFL season is about to get going, and it is finally time to get to the Week 1 picks. Along with the picks, I will also give a Broncos Week 1 prediction, as well as a Suicide Pool pick. A lot has happened since the end of last season both in Bronco land and around the NFL. Week 1 can be a very tricky week to select games. There are some good games on the board, and I will try to improve on my 2008 record of 118-134-11. Remember, last year I started out hot, and I fell apart after Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can get off to a good start and sustain it all year long.

Suicide Pick: San Diego over Oakland


WEEK 1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

PITTSBURGH (-5) over Tennessee
Miami (+4) over ATLANTA
BALTIMORE (-8) over Kansas City
CAROLINA (+1) over Philadelphia
CLEVELAND (+3) over Minnesota
HOUSTON (-3) over New York Jets
Indianapolis (-7) over Jacksonville
NEW ORLEANS (-13) over Detroit
Dallas (-5) over TAMPA BAY
ARIZONA (-6) over San Francisco
Washington (+6) over NEW YORK GIANTS
SEATTLE (-7) over St. Louis
GREEN BAY (-3) over Chicago
NEW ENGLAND (-10) over Buffalo
San Diego (-9) over OAKLAND

CINCINNATI (-4) over Denver: I can't see Denver winning this game. How could they after all the shit that has gone on this offseason? I'm not sold on the Bengals' run defense, but they have two very good corners. Even if Brandon Marshall and Kyle Orton play in the game, I think the Bengal defense shuts down the Bronco offense. Carson Palmer will be back healthy, and he will be distributing the ball all over the field to Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, and L. Coles. The jungle will be rocking and the Broncos' season gets off to a flat start with a loss at Cincy.
Final Score: Cincy 27- Denver-10


No comments: