Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 6 Picks and Broncos-Browns Preview!

The Broncos travel to Cleveland this week to take on the Browns. Did you know that the Browns have not beaten the Broncos since October of 1990? I always get nervous when there are streaks that totally favor your team because the odds are that a streak like that will be broken at some point. The Broncos could get upset this week because of these factors: The game is an early game in Cleveland, so that is technically 11 am Denver time. I always worry about the Broncos and early starts. They are really banged up. It looks like Demarcus Ware is out and Aqib Talib is very questionable. Plus, they have flirting with defeat all year long, and they are bound to come up short one week. The Browns are 2-3, but they have been very competitive. They won a big game last week in Baltimore, and no one thought they were winning that game. I think this game could be the upset of the weekend.

CLEVELAND (+4) over Denver
Final Score: Browns-23 Broncos-16


Last Week's Record: 3-10-1
Overall Record: 31-45-1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Cincy (-3) over BUFFALO: The Bengals take their 5-0 record to Buffalo this week to take on the 3-2 Bills. It looks like Buffalo QB Tyrod Taylor will be out of the lineup with a knee injury. That leaves E.J. Manuel as the starter for Sunday's game. I think the Bengals will get by this one because they are going up against the backup. If Taylor was starting, then I think the Bills would win, but with Manuel in there, I have to go with the Bengals to get to 6-0.

MINNESOTA (-4) over Kansas City: Do you have any faith in the Chiefs after they blew a 17-6 4th quarter lead at home to the Bears last week? I don't, and I think the Vikings will take them down this week at home.

Houston (+2) over JACKSONVILLE: Blake Bortles is questionable, but even if he plays, I have a hard time backing the Jags-even at home. Don't get me wrong. The Texans are equally disappointing this year, but I have a feeling they will get the win on the road this week.

DETROIT (-2) over Chicago: The Lions are 0-5, and they looked awful last week at home vs. Arizona. Now, the 2-3 Bears roll into town. I have no idea why I am taking the Lions, but I figure they won't fall to 0-6, and I think that they will find a way to win the game.

NY JETS (-5) over Washington: As you start to look ahead, it shapes up pretty nicely for the Jets. Their schedule is very friendly at times, and I see them going 10-6 and making the playoffs as a wild card this year. This week they get the Redskins, and I just can't see the Jets blowing this game at home to Kirk Cousins.

PITTSBURGH (+4) over Arizona: You have to love what the 4-1 Cardinals are doing, but I have a feeling the Steelers are going to figure a way to win this game this week. They earned a hard-fought win over the Chargers in San Diego last Monday night, and I think Mike Vick can at least stabilize their season before Big Ben comes back. I'll take them as a rare home underdog on Sunday.

TENNESSEE (-2) over Miami: What a debacle the Dolphins are. With the firing of Joe Philbin during the bye week and the promotion of TE coach Dan Campbell to head coach, you have to wonder what the hell is going on down there. You can't trust them in this spot: New interim head coach, on the road, against a feisty rookie QB and much improved team. Give me the Titans only laying 2.

Carolina (+7) over SEATTLE: The Panthers take their 4-0 record into Seattle to take on the 2-3 Seahawks. I would be very surprised if the Seahawks lost this game, but do think that the Panthers will play the type of game they like to play and keep this contest close to the vest.

San Diego (+11) over GREEN BAY: Nobody is stopping the 5-0 Packers-especially at home in Lambeau Field. The Chargers come limping into town after a terrible last second loss to the Braves last Monday night. I think Green Bay wins handily, but I could sense the late, back-door cover.

Baltimore (-2) over SAN FRANCISCO: A rematch of Super Bowl XLVII. Too bad these 1-4 teams are nothing like the teams that took the field last Sunday. I'm taking the Ravens only because they have more of a chance of being 2-4 after this game than the 49ers.

New England (-8) over INDY: For the first time since the AFC Championship Game last January, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots meet the Colts. Whenever, you give the Pats a little extra motivation, they seem to thrive on it and take that motivation out on their opponent. Look for the same story here on SNF. This is a fascinating matchup because of all the drama that the whole Deflategate situation created. The Pats will look to stick it to the Colts as a result, but in reality the Patriots are so much better than the Colts at this point, that this game shouldn't be very close at the end.

New York Giants (+4) over PHILLY: Good Monday Night Football game as the 3-2 Giants head to Philly to take on the 2-3 Eagles. With Tony Romo out for Dallas until around Thanksgiving, I really believe that the NFC East will come down to these two teams-even with their flaws. I have a feeling the G-Men will find a way to win a close game on the road.


No comments: