Saturday, September 8, 2018

Broncos-Seahawks and NFL Week 1 Picks!

There is excitement about this Broncos season that we didn't have last year. There is a lot of uncertainty and I think that makes for a good thing. Broncos fans feel more confident than they did at this time last year, and it will make for a fun year when it all gets rolling on Sunday. I like the vibes coming out of Denver heading into Week 1. I love the fact that they are opening at home in the late window on Sunday afternoon. I think Broncos Country will be fired up and I expect a very pumped up and loud crowd ready to get the new season going. I think the Broncos will come out and play well and hold off Russell Wilson in a close game and get the season off on the right foot.

Prediction: DENVER (-3) over Seattle
Final Score: Broncos-21 Seahawks-17

Now, onto the picks for Week 1 of the 2018 NFL season....

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Pittsburgh (-5) over CLEVELAND: Tyrod Taylor gets the start for Cleveland, but Big Ben and the Steelers will come in and take care of business on the road.

MINNESOTA (-4) over San Francisco: I think the Vikings and Kirk Cousins get off to a fast start to the year and beat up the Niners in Minnesota.

Cincy (+3) over INDY: I like the Bengals as a sleeper team in the AFC this year, and they will go into Indy and knock off the Colts in Andrew Luck's debut.

BALTIMORE (-5) over Buffalo: This is the lock of the week. The Ravens will smother the Bills in in Baltimore.

NY GIANTS (+4) over Jacksonville: This will be a fun game to watch in Week 1. How will that Jaguars defense defend OBJ and Saquon Barkley? I like the Giants as a home underdog.

NEW ORLEANS (-8) over Tampa Bay: This is the second lock of the week. The Saints at home will ambush the Bucs early and often.

Houston (+7) over NEW ENGLAND: The Patriots will win the game, but the Texans will take them to the limit. These two teams could be seeing each other again in January.

MIAMI (+3) over Tennessee: There is nothing I like about the Dolphins this year, but I think they will surprise everyone and play well and pull the upset as the home underdog over the Titans in Week 1.

LA CHARGERS (-3) over Kansas City: Great game in Week 1 in the late window. Two AFC contenders battle in a divisional matchup. I'll take the Chargers in a nailbiter.

CAROLINA (-3) over Dallas: I don't like the Cowboys at all this year, and I think they will run into a buzzsaw with Cam Newton and the Panthers taking it to them in Carolina.

Washington (+1) over ARIZONA: I love the Redskins and Alex Smith on the road in this game. Look for a convincing win for the Skins.

GREEN BAY (-7) over Chicago: Interesting SNF matchup with a classic rivalry. The Bears just traded for Khalil Mack, so that gives this game some added excitement. I think it is close for awhile, but the Packers will pull it out in the end.

NY Jets (+7) over DETROIT: I'm higher on the Jets than most people, and I'm down on the Lions this year. I think Sam Darnold gets a win in his first career start on the road in the MNF opener.

LA Rams (-2) over OAKLAND: The Rams spoil Jon Gruden's first game, and I think the Rams will take care of Raiders in a fairly easy manner.

No comments: