Friday, November 12, 2021

Broncos-Eagles and Week 10 Picks

The Broncos come into this game with Philly riding high after a big, upset win over the Cowboys in Dallas last week. At 5-4, the Broncos have a realistic shot at getting to 6-4 heading into their bye week. On paper, this looks like a very winnable game for the Broncos, and it is, but a few things worry me. First, Denver's injuries are continuing to pile up. They are probably going to be with only two out of five starters on their offensive line this week. Next, Pat Surtain is likely to miss the game due to a knee injury. I just don't know how much of a toll this injuries will continue to have and how much longer the Broncos can sustain them. I know Philly is 3-6, but I think this game will be close and tough for Denver throughout.

Prediction: Philly (+3) over DENVER

Final Score: Eagles-24 Broncos-23


Now, onto the picks for Week 10...

Last Week's Record: 7-7-0

Overall Record: 66-61-8

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS) 


INDIANAPOLIS (-9) over Jacksonville: The Colts at 4-5 can get back to .500 and in the thick of the playoff race with a big home win over the Jaguars, and I think that will happen.

NEW ENGLAND (-2) over Cleveland: Two 5-4 teams going at it in Foxboro. I initially liked Cleveland, but I have shifted to the Pats. I think the Pats will find a way to frustrate Baker Mayfield and win a close game late. 

Atlanta (+9) over DALLAS: The 6-2 Cowboys will rebound from their home loss to the Broncos last week, and I think they will win the game, but I like the Falcons to cover. Atlanta is 4-4 and in the mix for that last Wild Card spot in the NFC. I think this game goes back and forth for awhile. 

Buffalo (-13) over JETS: The Bills lost a bad game at Jacksonville last week and at 5-3, they need to win to stay atop the AFC East. I like Buffalo to take care of business over the 2-6 Jets on the road.

New Orleans (+3) over TENNESSEE: The Titans blasted the Rams last week to get to 7-2. It will be interesting to see how this plays out the rest of the way without Derrick Henry. The Saints lost a close one at home to Atlanta to fall to 5--3. Big game for both teams, but I think it means more to the Saints. I like them to win outright. 

Tampa Bay (-9) over WASHINGTON: Tampa Bay will roll into Washington off a bye week and take care of business over the WFT. 

Detroit (+10) over PITTSBURGH: The Steelers had an emotional win over the Bears on Monday Night Football last week, and I think it will be tough for them to get up for the winless Lions. I think the Steelers will win but I think Detroit keeps it closer than people think.

CHARGERS (-2) over Minnesota: At 3-5, the Vikings desperately need a win. They head to LA to take on the Chargers and there will be a lot of Vikings fans there. This game will be close, but since I'm getting two instead of three, then I'll take the Chargers to win it late.

Carolina (+10) over ARIZONA: Former XFL star P.J. Walker will start this game for Carolina, who is now 4-5 after a 3-0 start. The Cardinals are 8-1 and the best team in the NFC. I think the Cardinals win, but look for a closer game as well.

Seattle (+4) over GREEN BAY: It looks like Aaron Rodgers will be back after missing last week's game against KC for testing positive for Covid. Seattle gets Russell Wilson back, so this game has some juice to it. At 7-2, the Packers need to keep pace for the #1 seed in the NFC, and the Seahawks are 3-5, and if they win this game, then they can start to make their run for a Wild Card with Wilson back. Tough one to call, but I'm going with Seattle and the upset. 

LAS VEGAS (+3) over Kansas City: This is a huge game in the AFC West. The Raiders are 5-3 and coming off a bad loss to the Giants. The Chiefs are 5-4, but haven't looked great all season. The Raiders played the Chiefs very tough last season. I have a feeling the Raiders are going to find a way win this game at home on SNF.

SAN FRANCISCO (+3) over Rams: The Rams just signed Odell Beckham Jr. this week after he was released by Cleveland. I don't know how much of an impact he will have this week. The Rams are 7-2 and they need to move on from last week's debacle to the Titans. They to San Francisco, where the Niners are 3-5 so far this year and actually 0-4 at home. The Niners need this game more than the Rams, and I think they will find a way to pull off the upset on Monday Night Football.


No comments: