Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Divisional Weekend Thoughts

Some lingering thoughts from the NFL's Divisional Weekend.

1) I talked about how the trends show that at least one home team loses this round, and of course I picked all four home teams. The road teams went 3-1 in the divisional round.
2) The Titans-Ravens game was a classic. I loved the intensity. I feel bad for the Titans. They outplayed the Ravens.
3) After Tennessee and Buffalo both started 4-0, I told my buddy Scott that both would go either 13-3 or 12-4 and both would be the top 2 seeds in the AFC, get a bye, and lose their first playoff game. Well, I got the Titans part right.
4) The Arizona win over Carolina was the biggest Divisional Round upset since Jacksonville beat Denver in 1996.
5) I was waiting for the Giants to finally get going against Philly. After the safety, after the interception to start the third quarter, the catch by Hixon late in the third, and the 4th and inches were all moments I thought the Giants were going to make their move and win the game.
6) The Eagles have that look to them. They have that "Us Against the World" mentality going for them in these playoffs.
7) The Steelers whipped up on the Chargers big time, and I loved every minute of it.
8) Mike Tomlin is quickly becoming one of my favorite coaches in the league.
9) Steelers-Ravens for the AFC Championship in Pittsburgh. If this were wrestling, this is the equivalent of a steel cage/bunkhouse brawl/weapons match.
10) Who would have thought that the Eagles-Cardinals Thanksgiving Debacle would be a preview of the NFC Title Game?

No comments: