Friday, January 23, 2009

Super Bowl Hype

Super Bowl XLIII is upon us, and all this week I will be taking a look back on some of the greatest Super Bowl Games of all time. I have seen too many Super Bowl "Lists" out there, and I feel that I need to put my stamp on the real and only definitive list. All next week, I will be adding to the "Super Bowl Hype" machine by counting down the 10 best Super Bowls ever. Please forgive me if my exuberance for the Super Bowl cannot be tamed. I am a big fan of Super Sunday and consider myself a historian of the big game. There is something very special about the Super Bowl and Super Sunday. I remember fondly the anticipation that built up to Super Sunday. Whether the Broncos were in the Super Bowl or not, Super Sunday remained special and the closest thing to another Christmas morning. I was and continue to be a huge fan of the NFL Films' Super Bowl highlights. Nothing can match the combination of NFL Films footage, amazing musical scores, and of course the man himself-John Facenda. I basically learned about the NFL through these Super Bowl highlight packages. I used to love staying up as a late as I could the night before the Super Bowl. I loved starting at Super Bowl I and seeing how many Super Bowls I could watch. I remember waking up the next morning at like 6:00 am and continuing where I left off the night before. I never was able to pull off the marathon session, but I loved doing it every year. All week long, I will be posting some favorite Super Bowl memories and moments.

No comments: