Tuesday, March 24, 2009

News from the Owner's Meetings

A couple things to take from the NFL Owner's Meetings this past weekend:

1) Coach McDaniels "commitment" to Jay Cutler sounds nice and politically correct, but I still see Cutler getting dealt this offseason.

2) The AFL Throwbacks are a cool idea but the fact that Denver is wearing their original 1960 Brown and Mustard uniforms is just plain awful. Just let them wear the old 70s and 80s uniforms.

3) The Broncos will host a Thanksgiving game for the first time since 1963. They host the Giants on Thanksgiving Night on NFL Network. I thought this was an interesting choice considering that Denver played in the first NFLN Thanksgiving at Kansas City in 2006. I thought that the NFLN Thanksgiving Primetime game was designed to give different teams a chance to play on Turkey Day and host the game, but I thought it was going to matchup traditional teams and rivals. The Broncos and Giants certainly don't fit that bill. Anyway, I just a fan of Denver playing on Sundays.

4) The Monday Night Doubleheader was announced and I like the Bills and Pats matchup in game 1. TO and Brady should be fun. I don't like the Raiders and Chargers in the second game. This was the same game in 2006 and the Raiders have played in 3 of the 4 doubleheaders on Monday Night. I was surprised they didn't go with the NFC West and use Arizona.

5) There has to be a better Sunday Night Game for Week 1 than Green Bay and Chicago. Where are the Colts, Eagles, Giants, or even Miami and the Jets????

6) I nailed the Thursday Night Opener with Tennessee at Pittsburgh. I like that matchup a lot.

7) I guess CBS wanted to save San Diego at Dallas for a possible late season doubleheader because that is the only reason why CBS has Oakland at Dallas on Thanksgiving. Also, Green Bay at Detroit again on Thanksgiving on FOX. At least in the past you had Favre to look forward to.

8) Lastly, Denver's options for Week 1 are the following: 1:00pm at Cincy, at Indy, or at Baltimore on CBS or 4:00pm at home vs Dallas on FOX. Here are my preferences in order:
1-Dallas at home
2-at Cincy
3-at Baltimore
4-at Indy

I know we are getting Indy to start the year.

No comments: