Friday, October 15, 2010

Broncos-Jets Prediction!

I saved my pick for the Bronco-Jet game for its own entry. It is no secret how much I loathe the Jets and their fans. The Jet fan is obnoxious, immature, and unrealistic. There is no comparison between a Jet fan and a Giant fan. Living in New York my whole life, the Jets were always considered second-class citizens. From 1997, when Bill Parcells saved and resurrected the franchise, the Jets have added some legitimate credibility to their franchise. During that time, the Jet fan has become worse and worse. This year the Jets are off to a 4-1 start, and they look like a Super Bowl caliber team. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE BRONCOS BEAT THE JETS THIS WEEK. I just don't think it is going to happen. I was more confident early Sunday Night before I found out that Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, Wesley Woodyard, and Andre Goodman are not going to play because of injuries. The only hope Denver has in this game is that it is at home. They are calling it "Orange Sunday" in Denver this week. The Broncos will be wearing their orange jerseys, and maybe for the first time in years, their homefield will actually be an advantage. When you look at the game though, the Jets are just better in pretty much every phase. The Broncos don't run it well, and the Jets stuff the run. Denver's weapons on offense are the passing options, but the Jets will blitz the hell out of them. Kyle Orton never plays well against this type of defense. The Jet offense runs the ball very well, and the Broncos defense gives up almost 5 yards a carry. The Jet passing attack has been superb this year, and the Broncos have no pass rush and are without two of their four secondary starters and their main nickel man, Darcel McBath. I would absolutely love to see Denver pick off the Jets this week and derail the Jets Super Bowl Express, but sadly I have to go with the better team.


Jets (-3) over DENVER

Final Score: Jets-29 Denver-13

No comments: