Monday, September 5, 2011

2011 Predictions Revision and Cheat Sheet 2.0

Okay, so I already changed my picks once, but I still have to right to revise the picks before the season actually kicks off on Thursday. I have to bail on Indianapolis. It looks like Peyton Manning is going to be out indefinitely and no one knows when he is coming back. I can't stick with the Colts if he is going to be out any extended time. I'm taking the Colts out of the playoffs and putting the Jets back in. I'm going to give the Jets the 10-6 record and bump the Colts to 8-8. So here is my final revision for the 2011 AFC predictions.....
1-San Diego (12-4)
2-New England (11-5)
3-Pittsburgh (10-6)
4-Houston (10-6)
5-NY Jets (10-6)
6-Cleveland (9-7)

AFC Wild Card Weekend
5-NY Jets over 4-Houston (The Jets win their 5th road playoff game in three years.)
3-Pittsburgh over 6-Cleveland (The Steelers edge out their longtime bitter rivals.)

AFC Divisional Round
1-San Diego over 5-NY Jets (Chargers get revenge from 2009 Divisional loss.)
2-New England over 3-Pittsburgh (No way Brady and Belichick lose four straight playoff games.)

AFC Title
1-San Diego over New England (Chargers get to first Super Bowl since 1994 season.)


Here are my NFC Playoff Predictions (No Changes Made):

1-Philly (12-4)
2-Green Bay (11-5)
3-New Orleans (10-6)
4-Arizona (9-7)
5-Dallas (10-6)
6-Detroit (9-7)

NFC Wild Card Weekend
3-New Orleans over 6-Detroit
5-Dallas over Arizona

Divisional Weekend
1-Philly over 5-Dallas
3-New Orleans over 2-Green Bay

NFC Championship
3-New Orleans over 1-Philly

SUPER BOWL
San Diego over New Orleans


After all that I finally have nailed down my picks. My formula still applies. I have the following:
1) 6 out 12 new playoff teams (San Diego, Houston, Cleveland, Arizona, Dallas, Detroit)
2) 6 playoff teams from 2010 dropping out (Baltimore, Kansas City, Indy, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago)
3) At least 4 out of 8 division winners different from 2010 (SD, Houston, Arizona, Green Bay, and New Orleans)
4) At least one team that lost 10 games in 2010 makes the playoffs (Dallas, Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, Arizona)

So there it is the 2011 NFL predictions revised and ready to go. Maybe next year I should wait just a little longer before I make all my predictions.

No comments: