Friday, September 11, 2015

Week 1 Picks!

Here we go with Week 1 picks. A few things about Week 1: Expect some surprising upsets, sloppy play all around, and just try to stay afloat with your picks because Week 1 is not a real microcosm of the season. Last year, I was a horrific 4-12 after Week 1, so let's hope I get off to a better start this year. The NFL is back, and now the ball gets rolling on another year. Here are the picks for Week 1....

Last Year's Record: 135-113-8
This Year's Record: 1-0-0
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

GREEN BAY (-6) over Chicago: Even after losing Jordy Nelson, the Packers are the tops in this division, and they will waste no time making that point clear on the Bears. How long does the John Fox-Jay Cutler marriage work?

HOUSTON (-1) over Kansas City: I have liked this line since the summer, and I'm going to stick with it. The only way Houston loses this contest is if Brian Hoyer completely implodes.

Cleveland (+4) over NY JETS: This could be a game that goes either way. The "Pettine" Bowl doesn't exactly have that marquee value to it. I think the ineptitude of Ryan Fitzpatrick will be less of a factor than the ineptitude of Josh McCown, but I'll take a late Browns cover.

Indy (-2) over BUFFALO: Rex Ryan is going to throw the kitchen sink at Andrew Luck in this game, and this might be the most entertaining game of the week. At the end, look for Luck and the Colts to pull one out and spoil Rex's debut in Buffalo.

Miami (-3) over WASHINGTON: The Redskins preseason has been a nightmare, and the Dolphins come to town looking to pounce on Kirk Cousins. This is the lock of the week.

JACKSONVILLE (+4) over Carolina: Talk about a game that lacks any kind of appeal. You hate the way that the Panthers are limping heading into the season, so I'll take the Jags at home as a home underdog.

ST.LOUIS (+4) over Seattle: Surprise #1 of Week 1 will be in St.Louis. The Rams have played Seattle tough the last two years, and this game will be no different. I'm not sure if the Rams will win, and I wouldn't be surprised if Russell Wilson pulls this game out for the Seahawks, but this game will be close throughout.

New Orleans (+3) over ARIZONA: The Saints are one of those teams that no one is really talking about in the NFC. Watch out for the Saints this year. I think they get off to a good start with a solid win on the road over the Cardinals.

SAN DIEGO (-2) over Detroit: The Chargers will be better than a lot of people expect, and I think this is tailor made for them to take down the Lions at home.

TAMPA BAY (-3) over Tennessee: Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota square off in a battle of the #1 and #2 overall picks from last year's draft. That makes this game very intriguing, so it will be fun to watch. Look for the Bucs to get to 1-0.

OAKLAND (+5) over Cincy: The upset of the week belongs in the Black Hole. Look for the Raiders to be fired up under new HC Jack Del Rio, and I think this has all the makings of an upset. I guess this is more of a gut pick than anything else.

 NY Giants (+6) over DALLAS : I see this game being a high scoring affair, and I don't have confidence in either defense when it comes to stopping the other team. It looks like a 34-31 shootout either way, so I'll the underdog G-Men.

ATLANTA (+3) over Philly: This game seems like a toss up to me, so I'll take Atlanta simply for the fact that they are the home team. This could also be another great game in Week 1, and you never know what Chip Kelly will have in store for the Falcons, but I think Atlanta takes it in Dan Quinn's debut.

Minnesota (-2) over SAN FRANCISCO: The Vikings are one of my sleeper teams this year, so I have to back them on the road in Week 1 in SF. We know what has happened to the Niners this offseaon, and it would be surprising to see them come out and win this opener. 

No comments: