Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 2 Picks!

This is a desperate week for the 0-2 teams in the NFL. Teams like the Eagles, Ravens, Lions, Saints, and Colts never thought they would be in this spot. You can survive 0-2 in the NFL and rebound to possibly make the playoffs, but it is VERY HARD to survive 0-3. It will be very interesting to see what happens with those teams when they play this week. The desperate teams usually win in those situations because they know that falling to 0-3 is pretty much the death shot to their season. Now, onto the picks for Week 3....


Last Week's Record: 6-10
Overall Record: 13-19
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

ST. LOUIS (+2) over Pittsburgh: I think this could be a very fun and entertaining game, but I will take the Rams and their defense at home to overwhelm the Steelers. I know the Rams took a step back with their loss at Washington last week, but look for them to bounce back at home as an underdog.

San Diego (+3) over MINNESOTA: Tough game to figure out. Both teams come in at 1-1, and we really don't know how good each team is. I'll take Phillip Rivers on the road to pull out a close one.

Tampa Bay (+7) over HOUSTON: I think the Texans will win the game, but I'll take the Bucs to cover. Houston has real problems at QB right now. Ryan Mallett didn't exactly light it up after replacing Brian Hoyer in Carolina in Week 2. I can see Jameis Winston and Tampa Bay keeping this game close.

NY JETS (-2.5) over Philly: This game could not come at a worse time for the Eagles. Their offense is a mess right now, they can't run the ball, Sam Bradford looks scared, and now they have to go on the road and deal with a Jets defense that has forced 10 turnovers in two games and just walloped Andrew Luck and the Colts on Monday Night Football. The Jets will get to 3-0 and the Eagles will fall to 0-3.

CAROLINA (-7) over New Orleans: This all depends if Drew Brees plays or not. You have to be worried about the Saints-especially if Brees misses some time with a shoulder injury. If Brees is healthy enough to play, then the Saints have a chance. If he is out, then the Panthers will get to 3-0.

Jacksonville (+14) over NEW ENGLAND: The Patriots will game the game easily, but I hate huge spreads in a game like this. I could see a late back door cover by the Jags, but in any event the Pats will roll.

BALTIMORE (-2) over Cincy: The Ravens are a surprising 0-2, and the Bengals come to town at 2-0. Could the Bengals be the real AFC contender next to the Pats? This game could have a say in that. I just can't see the Ravens falling to 0-3.

CLEVELAND (-2) over Oakland: Both of these teams look hapless in Week 1, and both of them rebounded in Week 2 with solid home wins. Tough game to call, but I'll take the Browns-even after going back to Josh McCown over Johnny Manziel-because I hate taking the Raiders in the early spot in another time zone.

TENNESSEE (+4) over Indy: The Colts will win, but I think the Titans put up a serious fight. I think Andrew Luck pulls this game out late on a last minute drive, but this will be close throughout. Call it 22-21 Indy.

Atlanta (-1) over DALLAS: When you lose Dez Bryant and Tony Romo to significant injury, it has to take a toll on your offense and your team. Plus, we know where DeMarco Murray is playing right now. Until Brandon Weeden can prove it to me, I can't ride the Cowboys. I like what I have seen out of Atlanta too. Take the Falcons as a road favorite.

ARIZONA (-6) over San Francisco: Could Arizona be a legitimate NFC contender this year? It looks like it through two weeks. I can't see them blowing this game at home over a division rival like the 49ers. I think the Niners came back down to Earth last week in their blowout loss to the Steelers.

SEATTLE (-14) over Chicago: Kam Chancellor ends his holdout. The Seahawks are 0-2 after two tough road losses to start the year. This is their first home game in front of the 12th Man, and they are in need of a win. Oh yeah, Jimmy Clausen is starting for the injured Jay Cutler. I think I'll take Seattle.

Buffalo (+3) over Miami: This is the toughest game for me to pick this week. Both teams come in at 1-1 after disappointing Week 2 losses. Both teams are pretty good, so this game could go either way. I'll take the Dolphins to win in their home opener, but this will be a close game throughout, so I'll take the Bills getting the points.

GREEN BAY (-6) over Kansas City: A rematch of Super Bowl I! It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs will respond after their crushing loss on Thursday Night Football to the Broncos in Week 2.This is a tough way to rebound for them because they have to head to Lambeau to take on the 2-0 Packers. I can't see Green Bay losing this game at home, and they have been pretty dominant at home the last two years, so I would expect that trend to continue this week on Monday Night Football.

DETROIT (+3) over Denver: The Broncos are 2-0, yet they could easily be 0-2. What we know about the Broncos at this point in the season is the following: Their defense is really, really good. They have a dominant pass rush, they can cover, and they force turnovers. Their offensive line is struggling in every aspect. They have no running game at all. Peyton Manning clearly looks more comfortable running the no-huddle, quick passing attack that he is accustomed to. Now, Denver has to travel to Detroit to take on the 0-2 Lions on Sunday night. I just think that the Lions are more desperate right now, and they will find a way to win this game. I know Matt Stafford is banged up, but I don't think the Lions are starting 0-3. I think they find a way at home in front of a jacked up crowd.

Final Score: Lions-24 Broncos-17

No comments: