Friday, November 3, 2017

Broncos-Eagles Preview and Week 9 Picks

The Broncos head to Philly on Sunday to take on Carson Wentz and the 7-1 Eagles in a must win game for the 3-4 Broncos. Trevor Siemian is benched and in comes Brock Osweiler for the start on Sunday. If you would have told me in mid-August that Osweiler would be starting at QB for the Broncos this year, I wouldn't have believed it, but here we are. I'm actually a little excited to see him start, and I'm just happy that Trevor Siemian is done. I couldn't take much more of Siemian. I'm not expecting a lot out of Osweiler this week, but you never know what can happen. The whole offense has to play better. They can't drop passes, fumble the ball, commit turnovers, and make all the mistakes that a typical JV football team makes. In any event, I think the game will be close for a little while, but ultimately Brock won't be able to revive this offense, and the Broncos will lose for the fourth straight game.

Prediction: PHILLY(-7) over Denver
Final Score: Eagles-24 Broncos-14

Now, onto the picks for Week 9 in the National...............Football..................League:

Last Week's Record: 7-6
Overall Record: 60-55-4
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

NY GIANTS (+4) over LA Rams:
Home underdogs have performed well this year, and eventhough the Giants are a dumpster fire, I can see them playing well enough to pull the upset over the Rams or even keep it close. I'll take the Giants at home to get their second win.

Tampa Bay (+7) over NEW ORLEANS:
I think the Saints will win the game, but I think Tampa Bay has to play well at some point and put one good game together. At 2-5, they are in desperate need of a win, and I think they will make this a very close game.

Cincinnati (+6) over JACKSONVILLE:
I know Jacksonville's defense is very good, but you can't trust them week to week because of their QB situation. I think Cincy is done at 3-4, but I could see them pulling the upset on the road. I just can't get a handle on the Jags just yet.

CAROLINA (+1) over Atlanta: The Falcons got a win over the Jets last week to get to 4-3, and the Panthers come in at 5-3, so this is a pretty big game in the NFC South. I like Carolina as a home underdog here. Atlanta was lucky to even beat the Jets, so I'll stick with the Panthers to get to 6-3.

Indy (+7) over HOUSTON:
Andrew Luck was officially placed on IR, so he is done for the season. It will be Jacoby Brissett the rest of the way for the Colts. I think that the Colts can actually be somewhat competitive here because the Texans suffered a terrible blow when Deshaun Watson went down in practice on Thursday with a torn ACL. They now have to turn to Tom Savage once again, and I think the effects of that injury to Watson will kill their season. I'll take Indy and the points.

TENNESSEE (-3) over Baltimore:
The Ravens got back to 4-4 with a win over the Dolphins last Thursday night. The Titans are 4-3 and are trying to take control of the AFC South. This is a big game in the AFC. Normally, I would take the Ravens in this type of spot, but I like the Titans here. I think they make a statement that the South is there for them to grab. I'll take Tennessee at home.

SAN FRANCISCO (+3) over Arizona:
Drew Stanton on the road for the Cardinals. That statement right there is enough for me to take the 49ers as home underdogs. I think SF will finally get their first win of the year and continue the good vibes the organization is feeling after trading for Jimmy Garropolo this week.

SEATTLE (-7) over Washington:
The Redskins are 3-4, banged up, and fading in the NFC East. I think the Seahawks are going to be there in the end in the NFC, so I think they continue their winning ways and bounce the Redskins.

Kansas City (PICK) over DALLAS:
Zeke Elliot will be playing in this game as his suspension gets delayed once again. This should be a fun matchup in the late window on Sunday afternoon. The 4-3 Cowboys hosting the 6-2 Chiefs. I have liked KC all week long, and I still like them. This should be a fun game, but look for a late KC drive to win it and get them to 7-2.

Oakland (-3) over MIAMI:
Talk about a Sunday Night Football stinker. The Raiders are struggling at 3-5, and the Dolphins are a bad 4-3 team. Both teams have offenses that are really struggling to move the ball and score points. This could be a snoozefest on SNF. I think the Raiders are not dead yet, and I could see them playing better in the second half of the season as opposed to the Fish. I'll take Oakland here to get to 4-5.

Detroit (-2) over GREEN BAY:
Pretty weak Monday night game with Aaron Rodgers out with a broken collarbone. Brett Hundley just doesn't move the needle. I think the Lions will win the game because I just don't know what to expect out of the Packers without Rodgers, so until they prove me wrong, then I have to go against them each week.




No comments: