Saturday, November 25, 2017

Broncos-Raiders and Week 12 Picks!

The Broncos 2017 season is a disaster. I never would I have guessed that they would be 3-7 and basically playing out the string by Thanksgiving weekend. This past week featured the firing of OC Mike McCoy, Paxton Lynch named starter, the release of CB Lorenzo Doss for being late to practice, a bunch of fights at practice, and the relentless criticism of both John Elway and Vance Joseph. A lot of Bronco fans are taking the "Let's root against our team the rest of the year, so we can get a high draft pick next year" theory. I'm not and I never will root for the Broncos to lose. I don't believe in that in philosophy. My take is that let's see how Paxton Lynch plays the next six games. If he plays well, shows ability, and looks like he can be the guy going forward for this franchise, then that will help us next year and we can focus on drafting and improving this team in other areas. If Lynch is bad, looks lost and shows no promise that he is the guy going forward, then at least we know we have to do anything we can to improve our QB position next year via free agency or the draft. If anything with Lynch starting, it makes these last six games exciting and gives me something to root for.

Prediction: OAKLAND (-5) over Denver
Final Score: Raiders-27 Broncos-9

Now, onto the picks for Week 12....

Last Week's Record: 9-5
Overall Record: 80-72-8
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

CINCY (-7) over Cleveland: At 4-6 and with a favorable schedule down the stretch, the Bengals could actually make a run at the #6 seed in the AFC. They will get to 5-6 with a win over the winless Browns this week.

Chicago (+14) over PHILLY: The Eagles are 9-1 and have the best record in the NFL. They have the NFC East all but wrapped up at this point. I don't see a scenario where they lose this game or collapse down the stretch, but I think the Bears can keep this game close enough to cover.

Miami (+16) over NEW ENGLAND: There is no way that the Pats will lose this game, but keep in mind they played at Denver two weeks ago, stayed in Colorado all week to practice, then played in Mexico City against the Raiders last week. That is rough stretch in high altitude. I think they will be gassed a little in this game, play sluggish early, and gut out a win over the crappy Dolphins.

Buffalo (+10) over KANSAS CITY: The Chiefs will rebound from their terrible loss to the Giants last week, and they will get to 7-4, but I think the Bills will keep it close. Tyrod Taylor goes back to starting for the Bills after Nathan Peterman's awful performance last week. Close game, but KC gets the win late.

ATLANTA (-9) over Tampa Bay: The Falcons are 6-4 and I think they might be getting hot at the right time. I think they jump all over the 4-6 Bucs at home, who are still without Jameis Winston.

Carolina (-5) over NY JETS: The Jets are 4-6 and somehow still in the thick of the AFC Wild Card race. They host the 7-3 Panthers, and I think the Panthers won't mess around in this one. I think Carolina comes into Metlife Stadium and takes care of business.

Tennessee (-3) over INDY: The Titans are 6-4 and had 10 days to lick their wounds after getting blown out by the Steelers last Thursday night. Indy will start Jacoby Brissett after he suffered a concussion a few weeks ago. I like the Titans to get the road win and improve to 7-4.

Seattle (-6) over SAN FRANCISCO: How long do the Niners stick with C.J. Beatherd at QB before they turn to Jimmy Garrapolo? I would hope they would pull the trigger soon considering they are 1-9. Seattle is hurting and at 6-4, they are in danger of not making the playoffs. I think they rebound and get a much needed win this week in SF.

LA RAMS (-2) over New Orleans: Who would have thought that the marquee game in the NFC in Week 12 would be the Rams and Saints? Crazy season indeed. I think the Rams win this one because the Saints are banged up in the secondary, and the Ram offense can be explosive and exploit that. Plus, the Saints have won eight in a row, and I think they are due for a loss.

ARIZONA (+5) over Jacksonville: I know the Jags defense is the best in the NFL at this point. I know they are going against Blaine Gabbert and that Arizona offense, but I'm not ready to trust the Jags-especially on the road. I think this game is close and I think it is a field goal game either way.

PITTSBURGH (-14) over Green Bay: The NFL hasn't had a lot of things go their way this season, and here is another example of that bad luck. Instead of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers heading to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers in a huge Sunday night game on Thanksgiving weekend, we are subjected to the 5-5 Packers limping in there with Brett Hundley. This won't go well for the Packers. I think the Steelers roll at home to get to 9-2.

BALTIMORE (-7) over Houston: At 5-5, the Ravens are in contention for the 6th seed in the AFC. They have a favorable schedule down the stretch and I think they could sneak into the playoffs. They get Tom Savage and the Texans at home on Monday Night Football this week, and I think that their defense will feast and create problems all night for the Houston offense.

No comments: