Saturday, December 9, 2017

Broncos-Jets and Week 14 Picks

The Broncos host the Jets this week in another meaningless, dismal game here in Week 14. At 3-9, the Broncos season is done, and they are on their way to being one of the worst Broncos team ever, and certainly the worst Broncos team in my lifetime. They were bad in 2010, but at least they were more competitive than this group. I never thought I would say this, but I am embracing the tank for the rest of the season. Just lose them all now. Who cares? Lose all the games, get a top 4 pick, get a new QB, and get Vance Joseph out of here as fast as possible and start fresh with a new head coach next year. All the fun and excitement is gone from this season and Sundays have become pretty sad. Just lose out, Broncos!

Prediction: NY Jets (-1) over DENVER:
Final Score: Jets-24 Broncos-16

Now onto the picks for Week 14.....

Last Week's Record: 5-11
Overall Record: 95-88-9
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Detroit (-1) over TAMPA BAY: At 6-6, the Lions are fighting for a playoff spot and badly need a win. The Bucs are 4-8, playing out the string, and probably getting a new head coach next year.

Chicago (+7) over CINCY: The Bengals are 5-7 and coming off an emotional, physical game to the Steelers on Monday Night Football last week. They are banged up and I question how much they have for this game. I'll take the Bears to cover.

Indy (+5) over BUFFALO: As bad as Indy as been this year, they have been more competitive than expected. The Bills are 6-6 and Tyrod Taylor might not play this week due to a knee injury. I can't put much faith into Nathan Peterman at this point.

JACKSONVILLE (-2) over Seattle: This is a long trip for the Seahawks, and I think they will struggle against that Jacksonville defense. The Jags are going to the playoffs it is just a matter if they win the South or get in as the #5 seed. I think they take a huge step towards the playoffs this week.

KANSAS CITY (-3) over Oakland: The Chiefs are falling apart and are now 6-6 after starting 5-0. The Raiders are 6-6 but feasted on Paxton Lynch and Geno Smith the last two games. I think KC is due and I don't trust the Raiders in this spot.

CAROLINA (+3) over Minnesota: At 10-2, the Vikings are flying in the NFC, but this is their third straight road game. They are due for a bad week, and I like the Panthers at home in this game. I have liked them all week.

Green Bay (-3) over CLEVELAND: The Packers are 6-6 and they might get Aaron Rodgers back in the next week or two. If they can win this game and get to 7-6, then they have a chance to make a run at the playoffs if Rodgers comes back. I think they will do enough to get the win in lifeless and winless Cleveland.

San Francisco (+3) over HOUSTON: It is a shame that the Texans lost Deshaun Watson to that knee injury because they would be in the mix of the playoffs if he was still playing. I think they are mentally checked out and I like what I saw out of Jimmy G last week that I think he is the answer to the 49ers QB problem.

ARIZONA (+3) over Tennessee: The Titans are a shaky team, but they are probably going to make the playoffs this year. I do worry about them going on the road and they are playing a Cardinals team that plays hard every week.

LA CHARGERS (-5) over Washington: I think the Chargers get to 7-6 to set up a showdown with the AFC West on the line next week at KC. 

Philadelphia (+3) over LA RAMS:  I think the Eagles rebound after their loss to the Seahawks last week, and I look for a solid, complete game by Philly. This should be a fun game in LA, and I think it will be back and forth, but I like the Eagles to win it and get to 11-2.

Dallas (-4) over NY GIANTS: The Giants fired Ben McAdoo on Monday, and at 2-10 they are going back to Eli Manning this week at home. How bad is it that this game got switched from 4:25 to 1:00? I think the Giants will play more inspired, but I think Dallas does enough to win the game and get to 7-6.

PITTSBURGH (-4) over Baltimore: The Ravens are currently the #6 seed in the AFC with a 7-5 record. The Steelers are 10-2 and fighting for the #1 seed in the AFC. After a scary moment on MNF with Steelers LB Ryan Shazier being carted off with a spinal injury, the Steelers somehow rallied from a 17-0 deficit and beat the Bengals 23-20. This is a great rivalry, but I just think the Steelers defense will be too much for that terrible Ravens offense.

New England (-10) over MIAMI: The Dolphins suck and I don't see any way they win this game. I think the Pats are just rolling through everyone and eyeing that #1 seed in the AFC once again.


No comments: