Friday, January 28, 2022

Broncos Name Nathaniel Hackett as Head Coach

 On Thursday, the Broncos named Nathaniel Hackett as their new head coach. Hackett comes over from Green Bay where he spent the last two years as the offensive coordinator for the Packers. Hackett was considered one of the front-runners for the position since the Broncos started exploring new coaches to replace Vic Fangio. Here are my quick hit thoughts on the hire:

-I give any new coach a chance in Denver, so I am going to be optimistic about Hackett. There is a lot to like about his coaching ability and personality, and I'm willing to support him and hope he does very well in Denver.

-I thought Dan Quinn was going to get the job. He was considered the front-runner for the job, and I am surprised he didn't get it. I was fine with Quinn getting it, but I am also fine with Hackett getting the job.

-I am very curious to see who Hackett adds to his staff. That will be very important. As a first time head coach, I do hope that he adds some experienced coaches to help him navigate his first run as the head man.

-The biggest thing that is going to make Nathaniel Hackett successful in Denver is who he finds to be his next quarterback. If they find the "guy" at QB, then they will win games and Hackett will be a great hire. If they continue to struggle to find that QB, then Hackett will be gone in a few years. It is that simple.

-Now that Hackett is the new Broncos coach, expect the Aaron Rodgers to Denver rumors to be loud all offseason. This will be the big storyline for the Broncos and the entire NFL.


No comments: