Friday, September 15, 2023

Broncos-Commanders and Week 2 Picks

The Broncos opened the 2023 season with a deflating loss to the Raiders 17-16 at home in Denver. It is amazing but it felt like the same old story we have been watching the past few years in Denver. It doesn't matter if you change the owner, the coach, or the QB, the result is the same. Denver has now lost 17 out of their last 22 regular season games. This week they host Washington, but I have a hard time at this point picking the Broncos to win. I have to see it to believe it.

Prediction: Washington (+3) over DENVER

Final Score: Commanders-23 Broncos-17


Now, onto the picks for Week 2....

Last Week's Record: 9-7

Overall Record: 9-7

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)


Green Bay (-2) over ATLANTA: Both teams come in at 1-0, but I really liked what I saw out of Packers and Jordan Love last week in their win over the Bears.

Las Vegas (+9) over BUFFALO: The Bills blew that game at the Jets on MNF in Week 1. The Raiders are 1-0 and looked pretty good. I think the Bills win but the Raiders keep it close.

CINCINNATI (-3) over Baltimore: The Bengals looked horrible in their loss at Cleveland in Week 1. The Ravens cruised to a home win over the Texans. I like the Bengals in their home opener to bounce back.

DETROIT (-5) over Seattle: I was on the anti-Seahawks bandwagon this year, and they got beat badly at home by the Rams last week. The Lions upset the Chiefs in KC in the TNF opener, and I think they will get to 2-0 at home this week.

HOUSTON (+1) over Indianapolis: I think CJ Stroud out duels Anthony Richardson in the battle of rookie QBs.

Kansas City (-3) over JACKSONVILLE: I think the Chiefs will rebound this week and go into Jacksonville and get a win to get to 1-1. This will be a tough game for KC, but Pat Mahomes will find a way to win it.

Chicago (+4) over TAMPA BAY: I'm not going to overreact to the Bucs Week 1 win over the Vikings last week. I think this will be a close game. The Bears played awful in their Week 1 loss, and I think they will bounce back.

LA Chargers (-3) over Tennessee: Tough game to pick, and a lot of people are going to back the Titans at home, but I can't see Ryan Tannehill outplaying Justin Herbert. Both teams are 0-1, so this game is huge, but I like the Chargers to win it.

NY Giants (-3) over ARIZONA: The Giants will bounce back from that embarrassing loss to Dallas in Week 1, and they will go on the road and take care of the Cardinals. 

LA RAMS (+8) over San Francisco: The Niners looks lights out in their Week 1 win. The Rams upset Seattle on the road. I think the 49ers win, but the Rams keep it close.

NY Jets (+8) over DALLAS: The Jets lost Aaron Rodgers for the season to an Achilles injury just four plays into the season on MNF against the Bills. It is a crushing loss for the franchise. The Jets came back and beat the Bills and proved how good of a team they have. Now, they have to ride with Zach Wilson at QB, and we saw how that looked last year. Dallas will get the win at home but it might be closer than people anticipate. 

Miami (-3) over NEW ENGLAND: If Tua is healthy, the Dolphins offense is going to be very hard to stop. I think they will keep it rolling this week on the road in New England.

CAROLINA (+3) over New Orleans: This game is a toss-up. I'll take Carolina on a hunch.

PITTSBURGH (+2) over Cleveland: I think the Steelers will respond and play a lot better than they did in their home loss to the 49ers last week. The Browns upset the Bengals in Week 1, but I think they will fall short on the road this week. 

 

No comments: