Friday, September 8, 2023

Broncos-Raiders and Week 1 Preview

Week 1 is here and the 2023 NFL season kicks off this weekend. There will be plenty of surprises and over-reactions in Week 1, but I'll try to get off to a good start with my picks.....

The Broncos open up the Sean Payton era at home against the Raiders. Denver has lost six straight games to the Raiders, and they have not beaten them since December of 2019. I get why the Broncos are favored in this game at home, and I'm sure the crowd will be a factor, but until I see it, I can't be confident in picking the Broncos at this point. I need to see it first.

Prediction: Las Vegas (+4) over DENVER

Final Score: Raiders-24 Broncos-20 


Now, onto the rest of the picks for Week 1......

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

ATLANTA (-3) over Carolina:

CLEVELAND (+3) over Cincinnati: 

INDIANAPOLIS (+4) over Jacksonville:

MINNESOTA (-6) over Tampa Bay: 

Tennessee (+3) over NEW ORLEANS:

PITTSBURGH (+3) over San Francisco:

WASHINGTON (-7) over Arizona:

BALTIMORE (-9) over Houston:

CHICAGO (-2) over Green Bay:

Philadelphia (-3) over NEW ENGLAND:

Los Angeles Rams (+5) over SEATTLE:

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (-3) over Miami:

Dallas (-2) over NY GIANTS:

NY JETS (+2) over Buffalo: 

No comments: