Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 2 Picks!


The NFL’s opening week was a success. Most of the games were close and decided by on touchdown or less. On the surface, it looks like a year that will be crazy and wild from the get go. No team truly looked awful in Week 1-with the exception of the Jags. No team truly looked dominant-even the Broncos and Peyton Manning. Let’s see where it takes us as we head into Week 2. No one wants to start 0-2, and there are some interesting games on the board that involve two 0-1 teams including a battle between the Packers and the Redskins. Onto the picks for Week 2……..

Last Week:7-7-2
Thursday Night Pick:1-0
Overall Record: 8-7-2
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

San Diego (+8.5) over PHILLY: It was fun to watch Chip Kelly and his offense mow down the Skins last Monday Night. Let’s just slow down with the whole idea that Kelly and his offense is going to take over the NFL. Settle down, let’s give it some time. Too many people are riding the Eagles this week, so I'll take the points and the Chargers.

BALTIMORE (-6) over Cleveland: Love the Ravens in this one. No way the Ravens go 0-2. I think they bounce back from their loss to Denver in Week 1. It should be close for a while, but look for the Ravens to pull away late.

Tennessee (+9) over HOUSTON: Interesting game in Houston. Could the Titans actually be a sleeper after their upset over the Steelers in Week 1? This game will tell a lot. I could see the Titans keeping this game close to the very end.

Miami (+3) over INDY: The Colts survived a close one at home over the Raiders last week, and that is why this line is so low. The Colts have to lose a close game at some point during the Andrew Luck Era. It might be this week with the Dolphins coming to town.

BUFFALO (+3) over Carolina: The Bills almost pulled off the upset over the Pats last week. I just have a negative feeling about the Panthers and Ron Rivera. Look for a close game, but there is no way the Bills should be underdogs at home. Take the Bills getting three.

St. Louis (+7) over ATLANTA: This is a tricky game. A lot of people like the Rams as a possible sleeper, and they come in 1-0 for the first time since 2006. The Falcons lost a tough one at New Orleans last week. I like the Falcons to bounce back and take care of business in their home opener, but this will be closer than a lot of people expect.

GREEN BAY (-7) over Washington: A big game between two 0-1 teams. I like the Packers in this one at home, but a few things worry me: First, watch out for the possibility of RG III and the backdoor cover. Two, watch out for the Packers laying an egg at home, which happens to them from time to time.

KANSAS CITY (-3) over Dallas: Interesting game between two 1-0 teams. This should be a very competitive game, and it will come down to the end. Can't you see a late Tony Romo mistake turning into a KC walk off field goal victory?

Minnesota (+6) over CHICAGO: Am I the only one not impressed by the Bears? I think they win this game, but I have a feeling the Vikings will keep it close. Minnesota will lose a lot of close games this year, and this looks like a prime example of that.

New Orleans (-3) over TAMPA BAY: I have to stick with my preseason Super Bowl pick this week. I think the Saints go into Tampa and send a real message to the league with a commanding road win.

ARIZONA (+3) over Detroit: I have the Lions as my sleeper team this year, and they are off to an 1-0 start, but the Cards were feisty in their loss to the Rams last week. Should be a back and forth game, but take the Cards and the points at home.

Jacksonville (+6) over OAKLAND: The Raiders played well last week and almost pulled off the upset over the Colts, but they shouldn’t be giving at least five points to anyone this season. The fact that Blaine Gabbert is hurt and Chad Henne is starting is a plus for the Jags. I’ll take them on the road as underdogs.

  SEATTLE (-3) over San Francisco: Great Sunday Night game to end the day. This should be fun to watch between arguably the two best teams in the NFL. I have liked the Seahawks all week, and I will take them at home in this Week 2 showdown.

Pittsburgh (+7) over CINCY: Everyone loves the Bengals this week, so I am going the other way. Either the Steelers rise up and surprise or they fall apart and get buried by the Bengals and my prediction of the Steelers winning the AFC North looks completely shot by Week 2.

NY GIANTS (+4.5) over Denver:
I would love to pick the Broncos in this game. I could see them taking the Giants to task in this matchup, and I could see Peyton Manning having a big day, but I have a feeling that Eli Manning might upstage his brother in this version of the Manning Bowl. I have a feeling Eli will pick apart the Broncos defense all day long.

Final Score: Giants-30 Broncos-23

No comments: