Friday, January 9, 2015

Colts-Broncos Divisional Preview


When CBS slotted Denver in the late Sunday window of Divisional Playoff weekend, I am sure they were thrilled to see that the Colts and Andrew Luck were coming to town to take on the Broncos. Luck vs. Peyton. Manning going up against his former team in the playoffs. The old great one going up against the kid who replaced him. What else do you want? All over the board the Broncos have the better team in this matchup. If you look at Indy this year, you see holes at every level. So why does this game scare the hell out of me? Why am I up all week worried and concerned. Here’s why this game scares me…..

1)    Andrew Luck is so good that he could win this game on his own. That is the number one thing that scares me. Luck scares me. I don’t care if the Broncos are up by 20, Luck can beat them on his own in this game. I can’t tell you how nervous I am going to be anytime Luck has the ball in this game.
2)    The Broncos have all the pressure on them. The window is closing and this team was put together to win NOW. There are only so many more chances they can get. The Colts can play fast and loose, while Denver will be the more uptight team.
3)    Did I tell you Andrew Luck scares me?
4)    There is something not right with Peyton Manning. Maybe it is fatigue, age, arm trouble, thigh injury, or just the effects of a long season, but Manning doesn’t look like the same player he was in the beginning of the year. Plus, Denver’s offense doesn’t look like the same offense it was in the beginning of the year. Something is off with Manning, and I am worried he might get exposed on Sunday.
5)    Denver is the same on offense with a banged up Julius Thomas. He hasn’t been the same since he hurt his ankle on November 16th. If he can’t be effective in this offense, then Denver’s offense is just ordinary.
6)    Andrew Luck with the ball late in a close game scares the shit out of me!
7)    I just don’t have a good feel on this team. It has been a weird year. Ever since the loss to New England this team just hasn’t felt right. I don’t know how to explain it, but you would know if you watched them every week. It would surprise no one if they got ousted this week to Indy.
8)    This feels like a passing of the torch game. As Peyton’s career comes to end, Luck’s run is about to start. It feels like that moment could be real on Sunday if Luck pulls the upset.
9)    Finally, did I mention that Andrew Luck scares me the most in this game?

Prediction: Indy(+7) over DENVER: I know the Broncos are better, but this just feels like an upset waiting to happen. Luck can win this game by himself, and although I think Manning and Denver will play well, I just see Luck making a play here or play there late to steal this one.

Final Score: Colts-33 Broncos-28

No comments: