Saturday, October 21, 2017

Broncos-Chargers Preview and Week 7 Picks!

I'm still trying to comprehend how the Broncos lost that game last Sunday night to the 0-5 Giants. I think the part about it that really upsets me is that the Broncos got beat and got beat soundly. I just don't think the Broncos are a good team. I think the 3-1 start gave us false hope. I think Trevor Siemian has shown he isn't answer, our offensive line struggles in pass protection, our run defense is overrated, we still can't cover tight ends and backs, and our kicker is in a deep funk. Things aren't looking so good right now in Broncos Country. Sunday, the Broncos head to Los Angeles to take on the Chargers in a huge game in the AFC West. The Broncos are 3-2 and the Chargers are 2-4, winners of two straight. I'm really down on the Broncos, and to make matters worse, they are going to be without Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, Menelik Watson, and possibly Brandon Marshall. I have no faith right now in the Broncos as they head into the most difficult stretch of the season. I think they will have a very difficult time winning this game in LA on Sunday afternoon. I just don't believe in this team after last week's letdown.

LA CHARGERS (-1) over Denver
Final Score: Chargers-26 Broncos-16

Now, here are the picks for the Week 6 of the NFL...................


Last Week's Record: 8-6
Overall Record: 47-42-2
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Tennessee (-6) over CLEVELAND:
At 3-3, the Titans have Marcus Mariota back starting after missing a game with a hamstring injury. I think they easily get to 4-3 over the winless Browns, who are going back to DeShone Kizer this week as starter.

INDY (+4) over Jacksonville:
With it looking more and more like Leonard Fournette is going to be out for this game, I'll take the Colts at home. I know the Colts aren't good offensively, but I just like taking home underdogs this year, and I'll continue that trend with the Colts.

Cincy (+6) over PITTSBURGH: 
I think the Steelers made everyone realize that they are not dead yet, and they will be a factor in the AFC after their win in Arrowhead over the Chiefs on Sunday. This is a rivalry game, so anything can happen. I'll take the Bengals to keep it close and look for a close Pittsburgh win.

Baltimore (+6) over MINNESOTA:
Give Case Keenum credit. He is playing well enough to hold down the fort while Sam Bradford is hurt. The Vikings are 4-2 and in first place of the NFC North. The Ravens are having trouble trying to get out of their own way. I still like the Ravens defense, but their offense is so bad right now. I think the Vikings win this game, but look for the Ravens to keep to it close.

MIAMI (-3) over NY Jets:
The Jets got the best of the Dolphins in Week 3, and now some people out there are questioning Miami's heart. I think this is a game where they play one of their best games. They want revenge for what happened to them in Week 3, and I think they get it at home this week.

BUFFALO (-3) over Tampa Bay:
This will be a tough game for the Bucs as they go on the road to take on the 3-2 Bills, who are coming off their bye week. I think it is a close game that could go either way, but I'll take the Bills at home to get to 4-2.

Carolina (-3) over CHICAGO:
The Panthers had 10 days to think about their tough home loss to the Eagles two Thursday nights ago. I think they will take control of the game, and I think they will suffocate Mitch Trubisky and that Bears offense.

New Orleans (-4) over GREEN BAY:
The Packers have to deal with life without Aaron Rodgers as he is gone for most of the season with a fracture collarbone. In his place, steps Brett Hundley, and I don't think it will be easy for him early on. Don't look now but the Saints are 3-2 and could get to 4-2 with a win in Lambeau on Sunday.

LA Rams (-3) over Arizona (In London):
The Rams are a surprising 4-2 and the Cards are 3-3. Too bad this teams had to head over to London for this one. I think the Rams will get the win and get to 5-2 over the up and down Cardinals.

SAN FRANCISCO (+6) over Dallas:
Dallas wins outright. There is no doubt in my mind, but this one will be close-like every 49ers game this year. The Cowboys hold them off to get to 3-3.

Seattle (-5) over NY GIANTS:
I'm not buying the resurgent Giants after they upset the Broncos last week. The Seahawks will come to the Meadowlands and take down the Giants. There won't be a letdown with Seattle this week.

NEW ENGLAND (-3) over Atlanta:
I can see the Falcons going into Foxboro and winning this game because we have seen some strange things take place this year. Both teams have issues on both sides of the ball, but I'll take the Pats at home.

Washington (+4) over PHILLY:
Very good Monday Night Football game in the NFC East. I think the Eagles and Carson Wentz are the early story in the NFC this year. I see a back and forth game, but I think the Redskins are my gut pick of the week in the upset.



No comments: