Friday, October 27, 2017

Broncos-Chiefs Preview and Week 8 Picks!

The Broncos are 3-3 and have lost the last two games to the Giants and the Chargers, and there is a lot of hysteria surrounding the team right now-and there should be. The offense can move the ball and score points, Trevor Siemian is being exposed for being the backup level QB that he is, their offensive line can pass protect, and the defense is being wasted once again. Plus, their special teams is a mess, and there is heat on first year head coach Vance Joseph. The bottom line is the Broncos are a mess right now, and it is a long way away from 2015 and the Peyton Manning days. I know this team pretty well, and I have a good feel for them week-to-week and year to year, and I know what to expect, and this game in Arrowhead on Monday night is going to be a long night for the Broncos. I don't see any way that they stay competitive in this game-especially with KC coming off two straight losses. I see a very long evening for the Broncos, and look for the Chiefs to jump all over them early and often.

Prediction: KANSAS CITY (-7) over Denver
Final Score: Chiefs-34 Broncos-10

Last Week's Record: 6-7-2 
Overall Record: 53-49-4
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Minnesota (-8) over Cleveland (In London):
This should be an easy win for the Vikings. I don't see the Browns putting up much of a fight in London. The Vikings should get to 6-2.

Chicago (+9) over NEW ORLEANS:
I think the Saints will win at home to get to 5-2, but I think the 3-4 Bears will keep this game close. I'm very surprised how the Saints responded after starting 0-2. They could be legitimate contenders in the NFC as the season progresses.

Atlanta (-4) over NY JETS:
The 3-3 Falcons have been very disappointing and their offense has really struggled in recent weeks. I think they right the ship and get back on track with a big, road win over the 3-4 Jets in the Meadowlands.

TAMPA BAY (-2) over Carolina:
What has happened to the Panthers? After a 4-1 start, they are now 4-3 and their offense looks bad again. They head to Tampa to take on the struggling Bucs. At 2-4, the Bucs are more desperate, so I'll take them to win the game, but I'm not confident about this game. This game seems like a coin flip.

San Francisco (+14) over PHILLY:
The 49ers are winless but they have been in most of their games. The Eagles are 6-1, Carson Wentz looks like a MVP candidate, and they are home looking to go to 7-1. Philly wins the game, but the 49ers make them sweat a little bit.

Oakland (+3) over BUFFALO:
This is a very interesting game in the AFC. The Bills are 4-2 and the Raiders come in at 3-4. This game has a lot of implications in the AFC playoff picture. I like the Raiders in this one, but it won't be easy for them. Look for a close game, but the Raiders will pull it out late.

Indy (+11) over CINCY:
This is a very tough game to get into even for a diehard NFL fan. I'll take the Colts getting the points.

NEW ENGLAND (-7) over LA Chargers:
After an 0-4 start, the Chargers have won three in a row and at 3-4 they have a little momentum going heading to Foxboro take on the 5-2 Patriots. I know it is tempting to take the Chargers here, but I think the Pats will play well-especially since this game is an early game on the East coast. Look for the Patriots to win going away.

SEATTLE (-5) over Houston:
I like the Seahawks at home, but I'm interested to see what Deshaun Watson can do against this Seattle defense. You have to like the Seahawks chances in this game, and I think it will be close for a while, then their defense will take over.

WASHINGTON (+3) over Dallas:
Big game in the NFC East as the 3-3 Cowboys travel to Washington to take on the 3-3 Redskins. I'm torn over this one and I think this game can go either way, but I'll go with my gut and take the Redskins in a very tight affair/

DETROIT (+3) over Pittsburgh:
I think Pittsburgh is the class of the AFC right now at 5-2, but they lose focus in these games sometimes. Every game Detroit plays in is a battle, and I think this one will be the same. Look for the Lions to pull it out late on a field goal or a late Matt Stafford game-winning drive.

No comments: