Friday, October 4, 2019

Broncos-Chargers and Week 5 Picks

The Broncos head to LA to take on the Chargers this Sunday and they are facing the possibility of starting a season 0-5 for the first time in franchise history. To make matters worse, Bradley Chubb is out for the season with a partially torn ACL. The Broncos season is basically over, and I am waiting for the inevitable blowout loss in which the team quits in the second half. I think this could be that week. Look for the Chargers to be in command throughout and look for Denver to head to an 0-5 record with a beatdown in LA.

Prediction: LA CHARGERS (-6) over Denver
Final Score: Chargers-33 Broncos-10

Now onto the picks for Week 5....

Last Week's Record: 6-8
Overall Record: 26-33-3
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

PITTSBURGH (+3) over Baltimore:  I don't believe in Lamar Jackson yet, and I don't believe in the Ravens defense. I don't believe in Mason Rudolph either, but I'll take the Steelers as a home dog.

Oakland (+5) over Chicago (In London): I wonder if the Bears will be better with Chase Daniel running the offense with Mitch Trubisky out with a shoulder injury. This game is weird to me because of the London factor. The Raiders are 2-2, and I'll take them getting the five points.

CINCY (-2) over Arizona: 0-4 Cincy takes on 0-3-1 Arizona. I would assume that the Bengals will get their first win of the year this week at home against the Cardinals. Both teams are headed for Top 5 picks next spring as well.

Jacksonville (+3) over CAROLINA: Gardner Minshew has the Jags at 2-2 and they head to Carolina to take on the 2-2 Panthers. Carolina has won two in a row without Cam Newton and I also wonder if they are better off with Kyle Allen at QB at this point. This is a tricky game, and I have no idea what will happen, but look for Minshew Mania to continue.

Minnesota (-4) over NY GIANTS: The Giants have righted their ship a little as they are now 2-2 after an 0-2 start and Daniel Jones has breathed some life into this franchise. The Vikings come in at 2-2, but their passing game is really sputtering. Kirk Cousins could get it going this week against that weak Giants defense.

New England (-14) over WASHINGTON: The Redskins are 0-4 and in disarray, and now the Pats come to DC. I can't see this game being remotely close as the Pats move to 5-0.

NY Jets (+14) over PHILLY: I think that Philly wins but I can see the Jets covering the number. The Eagles will get to 3-2 while the Jets will fall to 0-4 while they wait for Sam Darnold to come back from Mono.

Tampa Bay (+4) over NEW ORLEANS: I'll take the Bucs in a game that I think will come down to the wire. TB is at 2-2 after a wild, road win over the Rams last week, and the Saints outlasted the Cowboys to get to 3-1. Look for a back and forth game and this will come down to field goal at the end.

HOUSTON (-4) over Atlanta: I have no faith in the 1-3 Falcons. I think they are in for a dreadful season. The Texans are 2-2 after a bad home loss to the Panthers last week. I think Houston gets it going this week at home and gets to 3-2.

TENNESSEE (-3) over Buffalo: The Bills are 3-1 and coming off a home loss to the Pats last week. The Titans are 2-2 after a win in Atlanta. I like the Titans at home this week to get after Josh Allen, and look for them to get to 3-2.

DALLAS (-3) over Green Bay: Huge game in the late window on Sunday afternoon. 3-1 Cowboys take on the 3-1 Packers in a game that is very big for the NFC. I think the Cowboys will find a way and knock off the Packers and get to 4-1.

KANSAS CITY (-10) over Indy: This game will be a blowout win for the Chiefs in Arrowhead on SNF. I don't think Indy has enough to keep up with the Chiefs, who will get to 5-0 in convincing fashion.

Cleveland (+4) over SAN FRANCISCO: The 3-0 Niners host the Browns on Monday Night Football. This game will be a pretty good game to watch, and I think the Browns will pull the mini-upset and knock off the 49ers to get to 3-2.


No comments: