Sunday, October 13, 2019

Broncos-Titans and Week 6 Picks

The Broncos return home to Denver to host the 2-3 Titans. Tennessee is a hard team to judge week-to-week, but the Broncos really can't be favored to win any game at this point in the year. Even after getting their first win on the road against the Chargers, they could still get buried at home by the Titans. I do think that they are due for a home win. They have lost four straight home games dating back to 2018. That could play into their favor. When was the last time the Broncos lost their first three home games to start a season? It's going to be tough and I think Denver will have trouble moving the ball on this Tennessee defense. Also, the Broncos are dealing with so many injuries-especially in their secondary. Add it all up, and I think the Titans go into Denver and beat up the Broncos.

Prediction: Tennessee (+3) over DENVER
Final Score: Titans-26 Broncos-13

Now, onto the picks for Week 6....

Last Week's Record: 5-9-1
Overall Record: 31-42-4
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Carolina (-3) over Tampa Bay (In London): Back in London for the second straight week, and now we get the 9:30 am start time on the East Coast. Ugh, I hate this early morning window for a game. At least it is the Bucs and the Panthers, so it isn't much of a marquee game.

Cincy (+11) over BALTIMORE: At 3-2, I'm still not totally sold on the Ravens, and I think they are giving way too many points here-even at home. I know the Bengals are 0-5 and terrible, but I could see them keeping this game somewhat close.

CLEVELAND (+2) over Seattle: This is the classic "Bounce Back Game When Everybody Thinks We Suck" game for the Browns.

KANSAS CITY (-4) over Houston: This is another bounce back game and it involves the Chiefs getting back on track at home. I am excited for Pat Mahomes and DeShaun Watson though.

JACKSONVILLE (-1) over New Orleans: This is the hunch of the week. I'm going to ride Gardner Minshew till the very end-whenever that comes.

MINNESOTA (-3) over Philly: Two 3-2 teams in a very important game in the NFC. I like Minnesota because they are at home and I think the Eagles are just too banged up. It is a fun game though and I wouldn't be shocked if Philly won. This one is hard to figure out.

Washington (-3) over MIAMI: Remember when these two franchises met in Super Bowl XVII? The Skins won 27-17 on the famous 4th and 1 call with John Riggins scoring the game-winning TD in the Rose Bowl. Times have certainly changed and both of these teams are winless and looking towards the 2020 Draft.

LA RAMS (-2) over San Francisco: Great game in the late window on Sunday afternoon. The 4-0 Niners take on the 3-2 Rams. I'm not totally buying the Rams as a team that is going to have a disappointing season. They lost by a point at Seattle on a short week last Thursday night. I think they right the ship and give SF their first loss of the season.

ARIZONA (+2) over Atlanta: The 1-3-1 Cardinals host the 1-4 Falcons. I have to think Atlanta gets the win this week......right? I'm not so sure.

Dallas (-7) over NY JETS: Sam Darnold returns from mono for the first time since Week 1. I think he gives the Jets a boost, but look for the Cowboys to get to 4-2 after losing two straight.

Pittsburgh (+5) over LA CHARGERS: This is a dog of a Sunday night game. The Chargers are favored to take down the Steelers, who are down to third-string QB Dalvin Hodges, but you never know what you will get with this Chargers team. Plus, the Steelers fans will invade LA and make it a home game for Pittsburgh.

GREEN BAY (-4) over Detroit: Fun Monday Night Football matchup between two longtime rivals. I give the slight edge to the Packers because they are at home, and I think it will be close throughout. I could see the Lions pulling off the upset, but I don't know if I have the guts to pick them here.

No comments: