Monday, April 26, 2010

2010 Broncos Draft Selections

Here is the final list of the Broncos 2010 NFL Draft selections:

First Round:
Demaryius Thomas: WR, Georgia Tech (Pick #22)

Tim Tebow: QB, Florida (Pick #25)

Second Round:
Zane Beadels: OT, Utah (Pick #45)

Third Round:
J.D. Walton: C, Baylor (Pick #80)

Eric Decker: WR, Minnesota (Pick #87)

Fifth Round:
Perrish Cox: CB, Oklahoma St (Pick #137)

Sixth Round:
Eric Olsen: C, Notre Dame (Pick #183)

Seventh Round:
Syd'Quan Thompson: CB, California (Pick #225)

Jammie Kirlew: DE, Indiana (Pick #232)

My take on the Draft:

-I like Demaryius Thomas, but obviously Dez Bryant is the better WR. It was nice to replace Brandon Marshall and help rebuild our receiving corps with a guy that is a big and physical presence at wideout like Thomas.
-I love the Tebow pick. I have been on the Tebow bandwagon since January, and I am so excited that the Broncos selected Tebow. TEBOW!!!!!!!
-I think Beadles in the 2nd round was a reach. I know we need line help and Beadles is versatile because he will probably end up playing Guard for Denver, but I would have liked to add some young depth on defense in the 2nd round. Sean Lee, Brandon Spikes, and Pat Angerer were still available at that point.
-Besides the Tebow pick, my favorite pick of the Draft was Eric Decker in the third round. I really liked Decker a lot, and I think he might have a better rookie year then Thomas.
-I like the pick of J.D. Walton in the third round. He was the consensus #2 rated C in the draft, and we filled our need at Center with that pick.
-I think Perrish Cox could definitely contribute. You can't have enough CBs in the NFL these days, and I think Cox can come in and contribute this year. Plus, he can put some pressure on Alphonso Smith.
-Overall, I like the Broncos 2010 Draft. Obviously, Tebow is the headline of this class, but we got some solid players. Walton and Beadles add to our O-Line issues and Thomas and Decker help rebuild our receiving unit. I would give our draft a solid B.

No comments: