Saturday, September 24, 2016

Broncos-Bengals Preview and Week 3 Picks

The Broncos head to Cincy at 2-0 to take on the 1-1 Bengals. You have to be happy with the start the Broncos have had so far in 2016. I think that the defense has been really good, the offense has shown some flashes, and they were able to hold serve at home against the Panthers and Colts. A lot of people didn't think that they would be 2-0 after those first two weeks, but here they are. Now, this week will be challenging. The Broncos are a bit banged up: Virgil Green, Donald Stephenson, and Demarcus Ware are out. Michael Schofield will have to go to RT and we remember how Carlos Dunlap destroyed him last year in Week 16. Plus, this is Trevor Siemian's first road game, so you can see this being a very tough game for the Broncos to win. The Broncos defense will be able to play Andy Dalton and the Bengals offense for a while, but in the end I think the Bengals will be able to get a few more key plays than the Broncos.

CINCY (-3) over Denver:
Final Score: Bengals-24 Broncos-13

Last Week's Record: 10-5-1
Overall Record: 18-13-1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Oakland (+2) over TENNESSEE: I liked how the Titans responded and won a big game on the road last at Detroit last week, and the Raiders lost a rough game at home to the Falcons. Both teams come in at 1-1, and you have to worry about Oakland's ability to deal with the early starting time, but I think the Raiders will win another close game and get to 2-1.

BUFFALO (+4.5) over Arizona: I know this game looks like a mismatch on paper, but I'm still not sold on Arizona even after they pasted the Bucs at home to get to 1-1. The Bills are 0-2, fired their offensive coordinator after last Thursday's loss to the Jets. They look like a team in dysfunction, but I could see Rex Ryan rallying the troops this week. I know this might come back to bite me, but I think the Bills could pull the upset.

Baltimore (-1) over JACKSONVILLE: Gus Bradley is 12-38 in 50 games as Jacksonville coach. That is awful. I don't know if he will make it back from the London trip in a few weeks, if he doesn't win a game soon.The Jags come in at 0-2 after getting killed by the Chargers in Week 2. At 2-0, the Ravens have beaten the Bills and the Browns, so many people are not buying them just yet. I am in on the Ravens this year, and I see them going to Jacksonville and get the win.

MIAMI (-7) over Cleveland: The Dolphins are 0-2, but they traveled to Seattle and New England the first two weeks. Now, they come home to take on the 0-2 Browns. I have to think that the Dolphins should beat up on the Browns this week because if they don't, then their season is really in trouble.

Washington (+4) over NY GIANTS: I would be nervous to bet the Giants this week, but I think they will continue to ride the positive start to their season, and the G-Men should get to 3-0 by taking down the 0-2 Redskins. Washington comes in to the game in disarray and there is already finger pointing and dissension in the locker room. Look for the Giants win, but you know they will make their fans sweat it out.

GREEN BAY (-7) over Detroit: I think the paranoia about the Packers and their offense is a little overstated at this point. I think they will right the ship after falling to the Vikings in Week 2 to fall to 1-1. The Packers lost to the Lions at home last year, and I don't see them losing again to them in Lambeau this year.

Minnesota (+7) over CAROLINA: Good early game on Sunday in the NFC. I like the Panthers to win the game at home, but I see the Vikings keeping this game close. This should be a fun battle between two teams with really solid defenses.

San Francisco (+10) over SEATTLE: I can't see Seattle losing at home this week to the 49ers, but I could see the Niners keeping this game close. The Seahawks are struggling on offense because of their offensive line, and Russell Wilson is banged up with an ankle injury. Their offense will come around at some point, but until then, I think they will be in a lot of close games that Wilson will have to bail them out at the end. This week could be another one of those games.

TAMPA BAY (-4) over Los Angeles: The Bucs got toasted on the road in Arizona last week, and come home at 1-1 to take on the 1-1 Rams. I worry about the Bucs offense against the Rams defense, but I think Jameis Winston will have a nice bounce back game after looking terrible last week in the loss to the Cardinals.

PHILADELPHIA (+4) over Pittsburgh: The 2-0 Eagles take on the 2-0 Steelers in the battle of Pennsylvania. You have to like what your have seen out of Carson Wentz so far, but everyone needs to slow down on him becoming the next great NFL QB. I like this game and I think that this will be a fun game to watch. I think this comes down to a field goal, and I'll take the home underdog.

NY Jets (+4) over KANSAS CITY: This is a fun game late on Sunday afternoon on CBS. This is a game between two potential playoff teams. Normally, I would take KC at home, but without their best pass rusher, I think the Jets will be able to move the ball on them. I can see the Jets winning or at least getting the backdoor cover.

INDY (-3) over San Diego: At 0-2, the Colts season is in jeopardy. They HAVE to win this game to basically save their season. The Chargers come in at 1-1 after pounding the Jags at home, and they could easily be 2-0 after blowing the game at KC in Week 1. I think Andrew Luck will find a way to win this game, but don't be surprised if the Chargers keep this close.

DALLAS (-7) over Chicago: The Bears are just bad. They are 0-2 and their blowout loss at home to the Eagles in Week 2 was just brutal to watch. Now, Jay Cutler is hurt, and they lost Lamar Houston for the season. The Cowboys are 1-1 after a thrilling win in Washington in Week 2. NBC can't be too thrilled for this game on Sunday Night Football, and I can't see the Cowboys blowing this game at home in primetime.

Atlanta (+3) over NEW ORLEANS: You would figure that the Saints will win this game at home after losing their first two games in crushing fashion. I liked how the Falcons came back and won a key road game in Oakland last week to get to 1-1. I think that the Falcons are a risky pick, but I feel like it is too obvious to take the Saints at home here.

No comments: