Friday, September 16, 2016

Broncos-Colts Preview and Week 2 Picks

On paper the Broncos are a better team than the Colts. Outsider of Andrew Luck, the Broncos have a superior team. This has been the case for the past few seasons, but for some reason the Colts just seem to have their number. Luck is 3-1 against Denver since 2013. For that reason alone, I think this game is dangerous. I am worried about the hip injury to Demaryius Thomas, and you still can't trust or put all your faith in Trevor Siemian. This game looks so one-sided in the Broncos direction, but the Colts and Luck seem to be a thorn in their side. This game worries me.

Indy (+6) over DENVER
Final Score: Colts-24 Broncos-23


Last Week's Record: 8-8
Overall Record: 8-8
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Tennessee (+5) over DETROIT: Should the Lions be favored by 5 over anyone at this point? Give them credit for getting the win over the Colts last week after blowing the big lead. I like the Lions to win this game, but I think the Titans will make it a close game. The Titans need to start winning some games soon.

HOUSTON (-2) over Kansas City: You have to like what you saw out of Brock Osweiler last week in the win over Chicago. Houston looks like the odds on favorite in the AFC South. The Chiefs come in after a thrilling comeback win over the Chargers. Fun matchup between two 1-0 teams. I think the Texans exact revenge for last year's playoff loss.

Miami (+7) over NEW ENGLAND: My first upset pick of the week. The Pats surprised everyone by winning on the road at Arizona in Week 1 without Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. Everyone is on the Jimmy Garopolo bandwagon, but I think that the Dolphins will surprise them and play well. Just like in 2008 when they shocked them in Foxboro after Matt Cassel had an impressive debut with the Pats. I think the Fish pull the upset of the day.

CLEVELAND (+7) over Baltimore: The Ravens are winning this game, but I don't think they are winning by more than a touchdown on the road. Josh McCown starts for the injured RG III for the Browns, and that might be a positive for them.

PITTSBURGH (-3) over Cincinnati: In a rematch of that wild, crazy Wild Card game from last year, the Steelers and Bengals meet once again here in Week 2.I liked what I saw from the Steelers and their offense on Monday night in their win over the Redskins. I was impressed how the Bengals fought back and beat the Jets in Jersey in Week 1. Fun game and one of the best of the weekend. I'll take the Steelers to win the game at home.

Dallas (+3) over WASHINGTON: Another fun rivalry game between two teams that are 0-1 after the first week. I think Dallas will be able to do enough to win a few games with Dak Prescott at QB. I didn't like anything that I saw out of the Redskins on MNF last week. I'll take the Cowboys to get the tough road win in DC.

New Orleans (+6) over NY GIANTS: This is one of those games that Eli Manning and the Giants blow at home. It has all the makings of an easy Giants win, but somehow they seem to screw these games up at home every year. I think the G-Men win the game, but I think Drew Brees will keep this game close and it will come down to the last possession.

CAROLINA (-13) over San Francisco:
The 49ers played late Monday night, have to go across the country, and take on the Panthers in a 1:00 start on Sunday. That is a recipe for disaster.

Tampa Bay (+7) over ARIZONA: My second upset pick of the week. I like this Bucs team after what I saw in their Week 1 win over the Falcons. Now, they head to Arizona to take on a Cards team that is scratching their heads after losing that game to the Pats on SNF. I'm going with my gut on this one, and I like the Bucs to pull the upset on the road.

Seattle (-7) over LOS ANGELES:
NFL football officially returns to LA for the first time since 1994. The fans of the LA Rams get the chance to see a team that got waxed 28-0 to the lowly 49ers in Week 1. In come the Seahawks, who survived a Week 1 scare to Miami, in a game that the Rams usually play well in. I could see the Rams playing inspired in front of the LA crowd, but the Seahawks will impose their will and win by more than a touchdown.

Atlanta (+6) over OAKLAND: The Raiders pulled of a wild win over the Saints in New Orleans after going for the two-point conversion late to win 35-34. The Falcons looked lifeless in falling behind 31-13 to Tampa Bay before making a comeback and falling short 31-24. I think this might be my third upset pick of the week. EVERYONE is picking the Raiders to roll this week, but I think Matt Ryan and the Falcons will find a way to get it done in the Black Hole.

SAN DIEGO (-3) over Jacksonville: The Chargers blew a 24-3 lead in Arrowhead and lost to the Chiefs 33-27 in overtime. That game stings. The Jags played well but lost a close one to the Packers 27-23 at home last week. A battle of two 0-1 teams that don't want to start 0-2. I like the Chargers at home to get to 1-1.

Green Bay (-2) over MINNESOTA: Sam Bradford looks like he will start this week at home as the Vikings will debut their brand new stadium. The Vikings took care of business last week with Shaun Hill starting as they scored two defensive TDs to beat up on the Titans. The Packers won a close game at Jacksonville, and now head to Minnesota for SNF. I like the Packers and Aaron Rodgers in this one, and I look for them to win and start the year 2-0.

CHICAGO (-3) over Philadelphia: Carson Wentz looked really good in his debut last week against the Browns. The Eagles now head to Chicago to take on the Bears. The Bears were outclassed last week in Houston in the loss to the Texans, but they played well for a while. I think that the Bears will take care of business at home on Monday Night Football.






No comments: