Thursday, September 29, 2016

Broncos-Bucs and Week 4 Picks!

The Broncos are 3-0 and they went into Cincy last week and bombed the Bengals 29-17 on the heels of Trevor Siemian's four touchdown day. Now, they travel to Tampa Bay to take on the 1-2 Bucs. This game is tricky for Denver because it is the second straight week that they have to go on the road, and it will be very hot and humid in Tampa this Sunday. The Bucs could be dangerous at home and Jameis Winston hasn't played great the last two weeks. I could see the Bucs giving Denver a lot of trouble this week. I'm a little nervous going into this game.

TAMPA BAY (+3) over Denver
Final Score: Buccaneers-20 Broncos-17

Last Week's Record: 10-5-1
Overall Record: 28-18-2
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Indy (-1) over Jacksonville (In London): London gets stuck with another dud game as the NFL returns for the first of three across the pond. Gus Bradley and the Jags are 0-3, and he might not make it back on the plane as head coach if they lose this week to the Colts. Indy is 1-2 and I think they will get to 2-2 after taking care of the Jaguars in London.

Cleveland (+8) over WASHINGTON: The Browns have been competitive the last two weeks, and now they head to DC to take on the 1-2 Redskins. Although they are 0-3, I could see the Browns somehow keeping this close for awhile. I like the way that the Redskins won a key road game at the Giants last week. They will get to 2-2 with a win, but I'm not ready to lay all the points with them.

Buffalo (+6) over NEW ENGLAND: The Pats will win this game, but it feels like this will be a 17-14 or 19-16 kind of victory for them. Bill Belichick just wants to figure out a way to get this game out of the way with a win with a beat up Jimmy Garapolo or Jacoby Brissett. I think the Bills and Tyrod Taylor will keep this game close in the 4th quarter. 

NY JETS (+3) over Seattle: The Seahawks come in at 2-1, but their offensive line is still a huge question mark and Russell Wilson is banged up. Whether he plays or not, I don't think the Seahawks will be able to block the Jets up front. Look for the Jets to get a big home win and get to 2-2.

Carolina (-3) over ATLANTA: The Falcons are 2-1 and head back home to take on the 1-2 Panthers. I'm not worried about the Panthers yet, and I think they will go into Atlanta and Cam Newton will put the team on his back again and get the key win. 

CHICAGO (+3) over Detroit: I don't think the Bears can win but they are 1-8 in their last nine home games and 3-14 in their last 17 games. At some point, they have to win a home game and why not get off the hook with a upset at home against the Lions?

HOUSTON (-6) over Tennessee: The Texans got dumped last Thursday night at New England. They are 2-1, but they just found out this week that J.J. Watt is going to be out for the year after re-injuring his back. I think Bill O'Brien, who did an awful coaching job last week, will be able to sell his team on getting back on track this week. The Titans almost pulled one out last week at home against the Raiders, but fell short and now come into this game at 1-2. This is an intriguing game, but I think the Texans will get the win at home to go to 3-1.

BALTIMORE (-3) over Oakland: The Raiders are 2-1, but they have to make their third long trip back East in four weeks. The Ravens come in at 3-0, but a lot of people are not sold on them yet. I am on the Ravens bandwagon and I think they will be too much to handle for the Raiders this week in Baltimore.

Dallas (-2) over SAN FRANCISCO: The Cowboys are 2-1 and Dak Prescott has played well in his first three games. They head to San Fran to take on the 49ers. This could be a trap game because the 1-2 Niners aren't a better team, but they are at home and I could see the 49ers playing well. I'll take the Cowboys in this spot to get to 3-1, but I am a little nervous about the pick.

SAN DIEGO (-3) over New Orleans: The Chargers could easily be 3-0, but they are 1-2 after losing another terrible game late at Indy last week. The Saints are 0-3, and their defense is just a disaster at this point. I think the Chargers will jump all over them early and hold on late to win and get to 2-2.

Los Angeles (+9) over ARIZONA: I haven't liked anything that I have seen out of the Cardinals this year. At 1-2, they lost a terrible game on the road last week to the Bills.  I think they will win this game at home, but I can't just lay the points with them at home here. I think the Rams will keep this game close until the end.

Kansas City (+6) over PITTSBURGH: Good game for Sunday Night Football as the 2-1 Chiefs head to Pittsburgh to take on the 2-1 Steelers. I think the Steelers will rebound after their blowout loss to the Eagles last week, but I think this game will go back and forth. I think it comes down to the end and a three point game late.

New York Giants (+4) over MINNESOTA: The Vikings have been the talk of the NFC with their 3-0 start. Now, they come home and host the 2-1 Giants, who had a bad loss at home last week to the Redskins. I know this looks like a tough game for the Giants, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will play well on Monday night. I think the G-Men have enough weapons on offense to challenge the Vikings defense and get an upset win in Minnesota.



No comments: