Saturday, September 23, 2017

Broncos-Bills Preview and Week 3 Picks!!!!

The Broncos were nobodies coming into the 2017 season and after two games, a lot of the buzz around the NFL is how the league slept on them-especially after their 42-17 beatdown of the Cowboys last week at Mile High. Look, I'm very happy about the start the Broncos have had. They were dominating the Chargers in Week 1, had a 24-7 midway through the 4th quarter, and a couple of costly mistakes brought LAC back into the game. That game was as close as the 24-21 final score. The Broncos thoroughly dominated the Cowboys and now the expectations are changing on the Broncos season. I'm tempering that excitement because it is a long, long season and we have been here before-just look at last season. A lot can change between now and Halloween. I think this week's game will be a tough one in Buffalo. It is the Broncos first road game of the year, and the 1-1 Bills and their crowd will be fired up. Throw in the early start in the East, and this game will be really challenging. I think the Broncos defense has the advantage over the Bills offense and I think the Bills defense has the advantage over the Broncos offense. This game is a toss up in my opinion. I'm still being cautious with the Broncos at this point. I want to see them do it on the road and take care of business.

BUFFALO (+3) over Denver
Final Score: Bills-24 Broncos-19

Now, onto the picks for a Week 3 in the National.......Football.........League......

Last Week's Record: 6-10
Overall Record: 12-18-1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Baltimore (-3) over Jacksonville (London): Here we go with the London games and the return of the 9:30 am EST start. I think is a 13-9, 16-10, 17-13 type of game. I don't see the Ravens pulling away from the Jags, and I see the Ravens defense having fun at the expense of Blake Bortles. I'll take the Ravens in a ugly, slobberknocker type of game.

INDY (+2) over Cleveland: How bad are things for the Colts that they are underdogs at home to the Browns? Indy should have won their game last week at home to Arizona, but they blew a lead at home late and lost in overtime. I have a feeling the Colts will breakthrough and get the win at home and use the thought of being underdogs to the Browns as their motivation.

CHICAGO (+8) over Pittsburgh: I think the Bears will be a team that could be feisty when they are a home underdog this season. They almost pulled out Week 1 at home against Atlanta, and I really don't think that Pittsburgh has looked that good so far this year. I'll take the Bears to keep it close in Soldier Field on Sunday.

Miami (-5) over NY JETS: The Dolphins are 1-0 coming off a road win at LAC last week, and now they head to the Meadowlands to take on the Jets. How are they only getting five points to the 0-2 Jets this week? I'll take those points gladly.

Houston (+14) over NEW ENGLAND: The Pats will win the game, but like I said last week, I don't like to lay a huge number of points this early in the season, so I'll take the Texans here. The matchup between Bill Belichick and Texans rookie QB Deshaun Watson is about as big of a mismatch as I have ever seen.

New Orleans (+6) over CAROLINA: The Saints have to get a win at 0-2. Their season is basically on the line here. The Panthers are 2-0  but are unimpressive in those two games-especially on offense. I can see them somehow and someway pulling this game out in Carolina this week. This might be my "Gut" pick of the week.

Tampa Bay (+2) over MINNESOTA:
Sam Bradford is out again with a knee injury, and that will continue to plague the Vikings as the Bucs come to town. I know the Bucs were impressive last week over the Bears, but I like their team a lot. I see them going into Minnesota and knocking off the Vikings, who are forced to start Case Keenum.


Atlanta (-3) over DETROIT: I'm not sold on Detroit being a viable contender this year, and now they host the Falcons in a matchup of 2-0 teams. I like the Falcons on the road, and I think they will put up some points on the Lions as well. I just have a feeling the Lions aren't ready for this type of game at this point.

NY Giants (+7) over PHILLY:
The Giants look awful through the first two weeks, and at 0-2, there season is on the line this week at Philly. The Eagles are decided favorites and all signs point to them getting the win, but I'll ride the G-Men one last time here because they are the desperate team and they can't go 0-3. Sometimes desperate teams play with a sense of urgency, and that's why I'm taking the Giants this week.

Seattle (+3) over TENNESSEE:
Seattle is getting ripped for being overrated after their first two games (1-1), but we have been here before with them in September. I think they will sort everything out, and I love them this week on the road. Tough trip to go all the way across the country and face the Titans, but I think Seattle plays better when their backs are against the wall, so I'll take them here to get to 2-1.

Kansas City (-3) over LA CHARGERS:
The Chiefs look really good at 2-0 and now head to LA to take on the 0-2 Chargers. The Chargers have lost two heartbreakers in a row-which is not unusual because that is what they have done the last few years. I think KC continues their strong start and takes down the Chargers in key AFC West matchup.

GREEN BAY (-8) over Cincy:
The Packers at home after a blowout loss on the road in Atlanta last Sunday night against a crappy Bengals team that fired their OC two games into the season. I'll take the Pack without hesitating.

Oakland (-3) over WASHINGTON:
It could be a tricky game for the Raiders as they head across the country to take on the Redskins on SNF. The Redskins are coming off a road win over the Rams last week and at 1-1, I could see them giving the Raiders trouble, but as much as I hate to admit it, the Raiders have too much talent. I would be surprised if they lost this game and the line is only three.

Dallas (-3) over ARIZONA:
The Cardinals have looked unimpressive at 1-1 and barely pulled it out in OT last week at Indy. The Cowboys come in at 1-1 after getting buried by the Broncos in Denver last week. I'll take the Cowboy, but I'm nervous because I could see the Cards playing well in their home opener.



No comments: