Friday, September 15, 2017

Broncos-Cowboys Prediction and Week 2 Picks!

Very good matchup in Denver on Sunday afternoon as the Cowboys come to the Mile High to take on the 1-0 Broncos in the featured FOX doubleheader game. This game should be a close game, but the problems the Broncos are going to have is their run defense shutting down the Cowboys run game. I have a hard time thinking the Broncos are going to be able to stop Zeke Elliot, so they are just going to have to try and slow him down. That's not going to be easy. Offensively, the Broncos have to do a better job in pass protection than they did against the Chargers. Trevor Siemian took some big hits. I like the fact that the Broncos are home underdogs in this one as well. The crowd was terrific on Monday night, and I expect the same on Sunday. I think Denver will play well, but I was impressed with the Cowboys last week, and I think in the end, Dallas and Dak Prescott will make a few plays to win the game late.

Dallas (-2) over DENVER
Final Score: Cowboys-23 Broncos-20

Now, onto the picks for Week 2.....

Last Week's Record: 6-8-1
Overall Record: 6-8-1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Tennessee (-2) over JACKSONVILLE: I'm not sold on the Jaguars after their thumping of the Texans in Houston last week, but I can see their philosophy: Unleash their young defense, limit Blake Bortles, and run Leonard Fournette as much as they can. I picked the Titans to win the South, and they are coming off a tough loss to the Raiders, so I have to stick with them here as a road favorite, but this might not be easy for them.

Cleveland (+9) over BALTIMORE: The Ravens are winning this game outright. That is not a question, but I could see the Browns pulling off the backdoor cover with DeShone Kizer like they did last week against the Steelers. That might the Browns this year: Lose 11 or 12 games but be feisty enough to get a lot of backdoor covers at the end. In any event, the Ravens are getting to 2-0 this week.

Buffalo (+7) over CAROLINA: This is actually an interesting game to me. Both teams come in at 1-0 after wins in Week 1, but neither were that impressive. I like the Panthers to win the game at home, but I think the Bills will keep this game close. This has 13-10 or 16-13 written all over it.

NEW ORLEANS (+7) over New England: I think the Pats are winning this game. There is no doubt in my mind and they have an advantage because they played last Thursday night and the Saints are coming off a short week having played on Monday night. There is no way the Pats are going 0-2, but you can't be excited about their defense. I could see Drew Brees and the Saints scoring some points, keeping it close, but ultimately falling in the end. 

INDY (+8) over Arizona: The Colts are really awful without Andrew Luck, and they are probably going with Jacoby Brissett this week. The Cardinals come in at 0-1 after a bad loss at Detroit last week. The Cardinals will win this game, but I'm not laying eight points with Carson Palmer on the road at this stage of his career. I just hope the Colts are so bad all year that Andrew Luck demands a trade out of Indy.

KANSAS CITY (-5) over Philadelphia: This is a good early game as KC host the Eagles in Arrowhead. Andy Reid faces his old team, and I was impressed by both the Chiefs and the Eagles in Week 1. I think the Chiefs will be too much for the Eagles at home, but I expect a back and forth game throughout.

Minnesota (+7) over PITTSURGH: This is another intriguing early game on Sunday. I liked how the Vikings looked on Monday night in their convincing win over the Saints. I was not impressed by the Steelers in their road win over the Browns. I think the Steelers win this game, but I think the Vikings will play well and take this game deep into the fourth quarter.

TAMPA BAY (-7) over Chicago: The Bucs had a bye in Week 1 due to Hurricane Irma. They are back at home and ready to go. The Bears lost a very close game to Atlanta. I think the Bucs will come out fired up and blitzkrieg the Bears early, take control of the game and never look back.

LA CHARGERS (-3) over Miami: The Dolphins are also coming off a bye in Week 1 due to Hurricane Irma. They have been in Los Angeles for over a week in preparation for this game. The Chargers come off a tough loss to the Broncos in Denver, and now host the Dolphins in their official home debut. I think the Chargers will fend off the Dolphins in a sneaky good game late on Sunday afternoon.

NY Jets (+14) over OAKLAND: On paper, this looks like a blowout, and the Raiders should roll, but I'm just not ready to lay 14 points to anyone this early in the season. The Raiders will win handily to get to 2-0, but I'll hope for a backdoor cover late by the Jets.

LA RAMS (-2) over Washington: The Rams and Jared Goff trounced the Colts in Week 1, and they looked good in the process. Now, they host the Redskins. Washington looked sloppy in their Week 1 loss to the Eagles. I think the Rams will take care of business at home and get to a surprising 2-0 start.

San Francisco (+14) over SEATTLE: Another big spread and another game I don't want to lay the points. Seattle will win the game we know that. They will get to 1-1 after a disappointing Week 1 loss to the Packers. I just don't want to give 14 points to anyone yet. The 49ers looked bad on Sunday in their home loss to the Panthers, but maybe they can keep this game a little close.

Green Bay (+3) over ATLANTA: Great game for Sunday Night Football in Week 2. The Packers come in at 1-0 after a big win over the Seahawks at home last week. The Falcons survived the Bears in Week 1 on the road. Now, the Falcons open up their brand new stadium in primetime. I like the Packers because I think their defense is improved and I'm not sold on the Falcons and their offense under new coordinator Steve Sarkisian. I also don't want to bet against Aaron Rodgers on the road. I'll take the Packers a road underdog here.

NY GIANTS (-3) over Detroit: The Giants offense was really bad last week in the loss to Dallas. They need to get that offense going. In comes the Lions for a Monday Night Football matchup. The Giants are more desperate-they can't go down 0-2 to start the year, while the Lions are 1-0 after their comeback win over the Cardinals. I think the G-Men get it going this week and that offense puts some points on the board and they get to 1-1.



No comments: