Friday, September 29, 2017

Broncos-Raiders Preview and Week 4 Picks!

This is a big game in the AFC West and the rivalry between the Broncos and Raiders is back as a result. Both teams come in at 2-1 and both had a bad loss last week. I would give Denver the slight edge because the game is at home, but my concern for the Broncos is that they might not be as good or as talented as the Raiders. Derek Carr could give the Broncos defense some trouble, and I worry about the Broncos being able to protect Trevor Siemian. I know the crowd will be into it and that could be a difference, but I didn't like what I saw from Denver last week and I think the Raiders make a statement.

Oakland (+3) over DENVER
Final Score: Raiders-29 Broncos-21

Last Week's Record: 9-7
Overall Record: 21-25-1
(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Miami (-3) over New Orleans (London): I think the Dolphins will bounce back after a horrific performance at the Jets last week. What scares me is that the Dolphins have had to travel to Los Angeles, New York, and now London in three straight weeks. They could be gassed by the time this game comes around. I'll take them here and I'll go with my gut.

Carolina (+9) over NEW ENGLAND: The Pats have struggled at home and have given up a boatload of points in their first two home games. This week the 2-1 Panthers arrive with a spotty offense and not a lot of confidence in Cam Newton right now. I think the Panthers will hear how awful they are on offense all week and use it as motivation to keep this game close and give the Pats a minor scare.

LA Rams (+7) over DALLAS: This is a sneaky good game as the 2-1 Rams head to Big D to take on the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys will win this game, but I can see it being close heading into the 4th quarter. Look for some offense and the Rams to be competitive, but ultimately the Cowboys will pull ahead and get to 3-1.

Detroit (+2) over MINNESOTA: It looks like Sam Bradford will be out again this week for the Vikings, and last week Case Keenum led them to a win over the Bucs, but I'm not sure he can do it two weeks in a row. The Lions narrowly lost to the Falcons late, and I have a feeling every game will involve the Lions and wild finishes. I think they pull this one out in Minnesota with another late comeback.

HOUSTON (+2) over Tennessee: This is a big, early game in the AFC South. I like what I have seen out of Deshaun Watson so far and he almost pulled out the upset in New England last week. At 1-2, the Texans are the more desperate team than the 2-1 Titans. I would expect a close game that comes down to the end, but I'll take the Texans at home as an underdog.

Jacksonville (-3) over NY JETS: The Jets had their moment last week in their dominating win over the Dolphins. At 1-2, they might not get more chances at victories this year. The Jags are 2-1 after a blowout win over the Ravens in London. I see the Jags taking control of this game with their defense and dominating the Jets in the Meadowlands.

Cincy (-3) over CLEVELAND: The Bengals are 0-3 and they lost a heartbreaker in Green Bay last week in overtime. I think they are due for a win and they get the perfect matchup to give them a win. The Browns are more competitive than last year, but they are still far off. I like the Bengals to get to 1-3.

BALTIMORE (+3) over Pittsburgh: I think if any team will bounce back from a bad game last week, then I think the Ravens will be that team that fits that bill. This is always a great game between these two bitter rivals, but the Ravens have always been good at home. I think the Ravens will find a way to win this game. I think the Steelers are probably the better team right now, but in this game, the Ravens will pull it out.

ATLANTA (-7) over Buffalo: Buffalo benefitted from some good luck, bounces going their way, dumb Bronco mistakes, and some help from the referees to pull out a 26-16 win over Denver last week to get to 2-1. Now, they head to Atlanta to take on the 3-0 Falcons. I think the Bills are walking into a very tough spot this week. I don't see how the Falcons lose this one.

TAMPA BAY (-3) over NY Giants:
The Giants are 0-3 and they lost a brutal game last week at Philly. They look like a team that is a mess and Ben McAdoo looks lost as head coach. Now, they head to Tampa to take on the 1-1 Bucs, who got buried in Minnesota. I see the Bucs taking it to the Giants to send them to 0-4.

LA CHARGERS (-1) over Philly:
The Chargers are 0-3 and Phillip Rivers has not looked good in these three games. The 2-1 Eagles come to town this week. I would think the Chargers somehow and someway pull this game out.

San Francisco (+7) over ARIZONA:
The 49ers almost got their win in a shootout loss to the Rams last Thursday night. Now, they get 10 days off and the Cardinals have a short week after playing Monday night. I would expect the Cardinals to win but I have a feeling the 49ers will keep it close.

SEATTLE (-12) over Indy:
No Andrew Luck again for the Clots, and now they have to head Seattle for an awful Sunday Night Football Game on NBC. This won't get a lot of ratings for the NFL or NBC. I would expect the Seahawks to roll through this one and even up their record at 2-2.

KANSAS CITY (-7) over Washington:
  Good Monday Night Football game on ESPN in Arrowhead. I think this is a back and forth game, but I'll take the Chiefs to pull away at home to get to 4-0.

No comments: