Friday, September 23, 2022

Broncos-49ers and Week 3 Picks!

Until Nathaniel Hackett proves that he can manage the game as the head coach, I have no confidence in this Broncos team. I hope I am wrong, but I think this is a really tough game for the Broncos-even at home. The 49ers are probably better off with Jimmy G at QB now that Trey Lance is out for the season. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all on Sunday night.

Prediction: San Francisco (-1) over DENVER

Final Score: 49ers-27 Broncos-17


Last Week's Record: 6-7-3

Overall Record: 14-16-3

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Now, onto the picks for Week 3....


INDIANAPOLIS (+7) over Kansas City: I like the Colts to cover, but I think KC wins the game outright. I just see it being closer than people think.

Baltimore (-3) over NEW ENGLAND: I think the Ravens will bounce back from their loss last week to Miami and spoil the Patriots home opener. 

CAROLINA (+3) over New Orleans: I think the 0-2 Panthers will get their first win of the season this week. They lost two close games and they are due.

Houston (+3) over CHICAGO: The Texans are 0-1-1 lost a close game to Denver last week. The Bears are 1-1, but their offense is really struggling. I think Houston gets their first win of the season here.

Buffalo (-4) over MIAMI: The Dolphins are 2-0 and coming off a huge, comeback win over the Ravens last week. In comes the Bills, who are 2-0 after destroying the Rams and Titans the first two weeks. Look for the Bills and Josh Allen to handle the Fish in Miami. 

MINNESOTA (-6) over Detroit: This game has a chance to be good with both teams coming in at 1-1. I think the Vikings bounce back and get to 2-1.

Cincinnati (-3) over JETS: The Bengals lost in the Meadowlands last year to the Jets. At 0-2, they desperately need a win here. They can't start 0-3. The Jets are 1-1 coming off a miracle win in Cleveland last week. I think this game is close, but I'll take Cincy to get their first win.

Las Vegas (-1) over TENNESSEE: I don't like anything I see so far from the Titans this year. At 0-2, they need a win. The Raiders blew a 20 point lead last week and fell to the Cardinals in overtime. At 0-2, they need a win. I think the Raiders are just better than Tennessee, so I'll take them on the road. 

Philadelphia (-4) over WASHINGTON: The Eagles and Jalen Hurts have been impressive in their 2-0 start. People are starting to give them buzz as a legitimate NFC contender. Washington is 1-1, but I think the Eagles will have little trouble taking down the Commanders. 

Jacksonville (+7) over CHARGERS: There is a good chance that Justin Herbert starts for the Chargers this week after suffering a rib injury in Week 2. Even if he plays, I just think that the Jags are dangerous in this spot. At 1-1, they look feisty. I think they will at least cover the spread in this game.

Green Bay (+3) over TAMPA BAY: Tom Brady takes on Aaron Rodgers in the "Bay of Pigs." I think the Packers will take down the 2-0 Bucs and get to 2-1.

Rams (-3) over ARIZONA: At 1-1, the Rams head to Arizona to take on the 1-1 Cards. The Cardinals stormed all the way back and got a miracle win over the Raiders last week. The Rams took a huge lead over the Falcons and held on late. Neither team has looked impressive, but I'll take LA on the road.

Atlanta (+2) over SEATTLE: The Seahawks came back down to earth last week in a blowout loss to the 49ers. Atlanta battled hard and fought back against the Rams but came up short. I think Atlanta is just the better team here, so I'll back them on the road. 

Dallas (+3) over GIANTS: The Giants are 2-0 and has its' fanbase actually excited for the first time in years. The Cowboys are 1-1 and still without Dak Prescott. I think this is a fun game for Monday Night Football, but I think Dallas gets to 2-1 with a big, road win. 


No comments: