Thursday, September 29, 2022

Broncos-Raiders and Week 4 Picks

The Broncos are 2-1 but it feels like they are 0-3. Russell Wilson and offense have put up 16,16, and 11 points in their first three games. Head coach Nathaniel Hackett has been criticized for his game management, and two close and boring wins over the Texans and 49ers at home have quelled expectations. Nonetheless, they can quiet down a lot of noise by going to Las Vegas and beating their rival Raiders and old friend Josh McDaniels. At 0-3, the Raiders are desperate for a win, which means this game is very difficult. The Raiders have won four in a row over the Broncos. I would really love to see Wilson have a big-time game and the Broncos pound the Raiders and send them to 0-4, but I'm not sure that will happen. I think the Raiders are more desperate and they need this game more.

Prediction: LAS VEGAS (-3) over Denver

Final Score: Raiders-24 Broncos-17


Last Week's Record: 10-5-1

Overall Record: 24-21-4

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Now, onto the picks for Week 4........

Minnesota (-2) over New Orleans (In London): The Vikings and Saints head to London in the first of the international games this year. The Vikings are 2-1 and the Saints are 1-2. I like Minnesota to get to 3-1

Cleveland (-1) over ATLANTA: I think the Browns go on the road and get to 3-1 with a win over the 1-2 Falcons.

Buffalo (-3) over BALTIMORE: This is the best game of the week and it is in the 1:00 window on Sunday afternoon. The Bills are 2-1 after a tough loss at Miami. The Ravens are 2-1 coming off a big win over New England. I think this will be a fun and entertaining back and forth game with Josh Allen making a play at the end to put the Bills over the top.

DALLAS (-3) over Washington: I went back and forth with this game, but I think the Cowboys will do what it takes and get to 3-1.

DETROIT (-4) over Seattle: The Lions blew last week's game against Minnesota and are now 1-2. They host the 1-2 Seahawks, who have not looked good the past two weeks. I gotta think the Lions will take care of business at home here.

HOUSTON (+5) over Chargers: I think the Chargers will find a way to win this game, but they are a banged up 1-2 team. Houston is 0-2-1 but have been in every game. They are a very feisty home underdog here.

Tennessee (+4) over INDIANAPOLIS: I haven't been too impressed with the 1-1-1 Colts-even after their win over the Chiefs last week. The Titans are 1-2 and I think Tennessee goes into Indy and knocks off the Colts.

GIANTS (-3) over Chicago: The Giants are 2-1 and host the 2-1 Bears. Neither team has looked impressive this year, but somehow they both have winning records. This is a spot that the Giants usually screw up, but I think they will find a way to get past the Bears this week.

Jacksonville (+7) over PHILADELPHIA: This is a really good game between the 3-0 Eagles and the 2-1 Jaguars. I have been impressed with how Trevor Lawrence has looked so far this year, and Doug Pederson has done a nice job early on with this group. Now, Pederson heads back to Philly to take on his old team. Jalen Hurts has looked really good this year and the Eagles are flying. This is a fun game and I think Philly wins but it is close.

PITTSBURGH (-3) over Jets: I just can't trust the Jets-even with QB Zach Wilson coming back to start from injury. I think the Steelers win a 19-13 type of game to get to 2-2.

Arizona (+2) over CAROLINA: I just can't trust Carolina just yet. At 1-2, I'm not sure what I am getting from them. I like Arizona, with their backs against the wall, to go on the road and eek out a win over the Panthers.

New England (+10) over GREEN BAY: I think the Packers will win the game at home in Lambeau, but I think the Patriots will keep it close. Look for a lower scoring game, but GB gets to 3-1 with the win.

Kansas City (-1) over TAMPA BAY: I think KC goes on the road on SNF and gets some revenge on the Bucs for the Super Bowl loss from a few years ago. This should be a fun game with Pat Mahomes matching up with Tom Brady. I like the Chiefs in this one.

SAN FRANCISCO (-1) over Rams: Monday Night Football features a rematch of last year's NFC Championship Game. I think the 49ers will rebound from their loss in Denver and take down the Rams to put both teams are 2-2 on the year. 





No comments: