Monday, September 12, 2022

Broncos-Seahawks and Week 1 Picks

The Broncos open up on the road in Seattle on Monday Night Football with new QB Russell Wilson going back to the Pacific Northwest to take on his old team right out of the gate. This has a setup for a tough game for the Broncos, and I think it will be for a little bit. Then, I think Wilson and the Broncos offense will take over, and then I see the Broncos defense feasting on Geno Smith late in the game to pull away. Denver has to win this game. They can't go out there and get beat in Wilson's return to Seattle. 

Prediction: Denver (-4) over SEATTLE

Final Score: Broncos-24 Seahawks-17


Here we go with the picks for Week 1....

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

New Orleans (-4) over ATLANTA: A lot of people like the Saints this year, and I think they can be pretty good. I think Atlanta will have a rough season, and I think the Saints will take care of business on the road in Week 1.

San Francisco (-6) over CHICAGO: I thinks Chicago is in for a long, long year and it won't start easy in Week 1. If the Niners get their QB situation correct and either Trey Lance or Jimmy G solidify the spot, then they will have a big season. Look for them to get off to a good start with a win in Chicago.

CINCINNATI (-6) over Pittsburgh: I like what the Bengals have done in the offseason, and I don't think there will be a Super Bowl runner-up hangover for them this year. I think they jump on the Steelers and Mitch Trubisky early in Week 1 and ride to an easy victory.

DETROIT (+4) over Philadelphia: This could be a fun game in Week 1, and I think the Lions will surprise some people throughout the year. I think the Eagles will be a good team as well, so I actually think this game in very watchable. Look for the Lions to keep it close. 

MIAMI (-2) over New England: The Dolphins usually play the Pats tough in recent years, and the Pats don't have a lot of "juice" on offense heading into this season. Miami made the big splash getting Tyreek Hill from KC, so I think they will come out of the gate and play well-at least early on.

Baltimore (-6) over NY JETS: It looks like it will be Joe Flacco against his old team in Week 1. I think the Ravens will be really good this year, and I expect a big year out of Lamar Jackson. Look the Ravens to win easily on the road in the Meadowlands.

Jacksonville (+3) over WASHINGTON: The Jaguars have a chance to be a very improved team in 2022. I would expect them to come out and jump all over the Commanders and start off 1-0.v

CAROLINA (-2) over Cleveland: Baker Mayfield gets a chance at revenge against Browns after they traded him this offseason. With DeShaun Watson on suspension, the Browns will start Jacoby Brissett. I think Mayfield and Carolina whip up on the Browns in this spot. 

HOUSTON (+8) over Indianapolis: Week 1 always has some surprising outcomes, and I could see the Texans playing well at home as an underdog. I think the Colts are a playoff team, but I could see them getting upset this week.

NY Giants (+6) over TENNESSEE: I think the Titans will win, but look for the Giants to keep this game close. I don't love the Titans this season, and I think they will struggle this year. 

MINNESOTA (+1) over Green Bay: I really like Minnesota this year, and I am actually picking them to win the division. I think they will pull the upset over Green Bay at home in Week 1. The Packers will be fine, but I see them having trouble out of the gate adjusting to their new weapons around Aaron Rodgers.

Kansas City (-4) over ARIZONA: I'm going against Pat Mahomes until I see it. I think KC will be really good this year again-even without Tyreek Hill. Look for the Chiefs to get off to a good start on the road in Arizona.

LA CHARGERS (-3) over Las Vegas: I'm picking the Chargers to win the AFC West, and I think Justin Herbert might even win the MVP this year. Look for them to take down the Raiders in a crucial Week 1 AFC West matchup.

DALLAS (+2) over Tampa Bay: I like this opener for Sunday Night Football. I like Dallas as a home underdog in this spot. I'm a little worried about the Bucs start to the season with the weird offseason they endured that included a Tom Brady retirement then un-retirement situation. 

No comments: