Friday, September 16, 2022

Broncos-Texans and Week 2 Picks

The Broncos come home to Denver for their home opener as a big favorite over the Houston Texans. The Broncos were also big favorites on the road over the Seahawks on Monday night and they lost 17-16. At 0-1, it is not time to hit the panic button just yet, but it is safe to say that they need to win this game on Sunday. The Texans are 0-0-1 after a tie in Week 1, and they are supposed to be in for a rough season, so the Broncos have to take care of business at home. They have had all week to think about the loss in Seattle, and to make matters worse, they have had to endure the scrutiny and criticism of head coach Nathaniel Hackett and his illogical late game management decisions. Until Hackett can prove to me that he can be a solid in-game coach, I have to continue to be worried. 

Prediction: Houston (+10) over DENVER

Final Score: Texans-26 Broncos-24


Now, onto the picks for Week 2........


Last Week's Record: 8-8

Overall Record: 8-9

(HOME TEAM IN CAPS)


BALTIMORE (-3) over Miami: Both teams come in at 1-0, but I think the Ravens will get to 2-0 win an easy home win over the Dolphins. 

Jets (+6) over CLEVELAND: The Browns are 1-0 and are looking for a rare 2-0 start to their season. They host the 0-1 Jets on Sunday. I think the Browns will win but I'll take the Jets to cover.

JACKSONVILLE (+4) over Indianapolis: The Colts salvaged a tie in Houston in Week 1, and the Jags are 0-1 after losing a close game to Washington. I think the Colts will pull this game out and win, but look for Jacksonville to cover. 

Tampa Bay (-2) over NEW ORLEANS: The Saints are 1-0 after pulling out a win in Atlanta last week. The Bucs are 1-0 after beating up on Dallas last Sunday night. I know the Saints have had the Bucs number the last few years, but I like the Bucs in this one.

Carolina (+3) over GIANTS: The Giants had a dramatic, come-from-behind win over the Titans in Week 1. Carolina lost a close game to the Browns. I think the Panthers will bounce back and get the win over the G-Men.

PITTSBURGH (+3) over New England: The Patriots lost to Miami in Week 1 and are now 0-1. The Steelers pulled out an improbable win over the Bengals. I'm not sure why the Steelers are underdogs at home in this game. I think they win outright. 

DETROIT (-1) over Washington: The Lions fought hard and lost a close one to the Eagles. At 0-1, they don't want to start 0-2. Washington is 1-0 after a win over Jacksonville. I'm taking Detroit at home to win it.

Seattle (+9) over SAN FRANCISCO: The Seahawks are 1-0 after winning their Super Bowl over the Broncos and Russell Wilson last week. The 49ers are 0-1 after a bad loss at Chicago last week. I think the 49ers will win the game, but look for Seattle to cover.

RAMS (-9) over Atlanta: I think the Rams bounce back after their loss to the Bills last week. I think they do a number on the Falcons. 

LAS VEGAS (-5) over Arizona: Both teams come in at 0-1, so they both need to win this game. Look for the Raiders at home to get the win. 

DALLAS (+7) over Cincinnati: The Cowboys are without Dak Prescott for a few weeks with a thumb injury. At 0-1, they need backup QB Cooper Rush to play well in his absence. The Bengals are 0-1 and need a win on the road here. I think the Bengals will win but look for Dallas to cover. 

Chicago (+10) over GREEN BAY: The Packers are 0-1 but I think they will be fine. The Bears are 1-0, but I see them coming back to pack very shortly. Look for the Packers to win on Sunday Night Football.

Tennessee (+10) over BUFFALO: The Bills will win the game in their home opener, but I think the Titans will cover the spread. Tennessee is in danger of falling to 0-2. I love that this game is an early Monday Night Football for the doubleheader.

Minnesota (+2) over PHILADELPHIA: The second half of the MNF doubleheader features the 1-0 Eagles and the 1-0 Vikings. I think this will be a very good game. I think the Vikings pull out the win. 


No comments: